Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Re: Un-Holy Trinity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvslv View Post
I think what this scripture is referring to is the unholy trinity of isis , osirus & horacce,the eye on your dollarbill,isis was worshiped in babylon,shes also standing in new york harbor,the statue of libertas, you can't have freedom outside of the Way the Truth, and the life,Praise Jesus name! This unholy trinity is also called the original three,A symbol of this is three horizontal lines,usuualy red,its very prevalent in the music industry these days.In babylon they had a famous gate called the gate of ishtar,it was also referred to as the freedom gate,got a new york quarter check it out.in baby lo called ishtar,in egypt isis,in rome libertas,in the usa the statue of liberty.May the One True Holy Righteous God & the Lord Jesus have mercy on us all.fyi if you've ever wondered who the (queen of heaven is,bingo, ) the Saints of the Most High must be oiled & watching

Actually, the Scripture being referenced is about the Anti-christ, the False Prophet, and Satan. Their explanation is that Satan =the Father, the Anti-christ=the Son, and the False Prophet=the Holy Ghost.

However, I have a problem with this comparison. The False Prophet would actually be better compared with John the Baptist who was the forerunner for Christ. This means that the Anti-christ who will be indwelt by the devil is meant to be the reverse of Jesus Christ, being indwelt by Satan.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

I don't know about an un-holy trinity cause there would have to be a Holy trinity first and if somebody wants to use satan's desires to try an imitate God it certainly does not require a trinity, because the facts are : satan is the father of lies, the spirit of iniquity and some day the fullness of who he is will indwell the son of perdition who is also known as the anti-christ , and since the word anti means "opposite of" this looks like more proof of oneness instead, that is unless you believe that satan will someday be able to accomplish that which trinitarians say that God did not .

Last edited by eyesopened; 02-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I Am That I Am.

Three persons...three in one...tri...trin...*counts on fingers* is the answer twelve?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

To me the unholy trinity is ketchup, yellow mustard, and pickles.

The HOLY trinity is Dijon mustard, bacon, and red onions!

(On your burger!)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Finally, a thread discussing the Godhead!! All this is so interesting because it's never been discussed before.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Go Dodgers!

this thread is over 4 years old

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I've heard Trinitarians refer to this in Revelation as proof that God is a Trinity because otherwise why would the devil seek to conterfeit a trinity...

To begin with that is circular reasoning. This assumes that the intention was to conterfeit something in Triad form and not rather the Anti-Christ conterfeiting the real Christ

Second...since when is the Trinity ever described as a world wide leader and then a prophet that gave him power? Hmmm?

Third...if that is the case then maybe John was the Holy Ghost?

Fourth....we have two separate people....if we conclude there are three separate individuals...not merely three distinct individuals within the same nature/being, then what the Un-Holy Trininity really is is three gods.

Trinitarianism as defined by them is three persons who share the same one nature/being where as Tritheism is three persons who have their own being/nature...three beings. In Revelation we do not have three persons sharing the same body nor the same divine essence.

Thus this argument is really detrimental to the Trinity if one is going to insist on this unholy Trinity idea...
God is a Spirit.

There are Seven Spirits of God.