Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
"...citing the third-party doctrine established by the Supreme Court's 1979 decision in Smith v. Maryland."

That is his job as a judge - to cite law that is already established by the Supreme Court. It is NOT his job to WRITE law, which he did not do.

Good grief.
You did not read the whole thing. He stated EVEN IF it was a search (that is, EVEN IF we dismiss the third party doctrine as being relevant), it is still justified.

Here's a quote directly from his opinion which I linked above:
Government demonstrates a sufficient “special need” – that is,
a need beyond the normal need for law enforcement – that
outweighs the intrusion on individual liberty. Examples
include drug testing of students, roadblocks to detect drunk
drivers, border checkpoints, and security screening at airports.
A genuine constitutionalist understands that the constitution is the "supreme law of the land". Which means that searches without warrant and probable cause are illegal, P.E.R.I.O.D.

You mentioned "judges aren't supposed to make law", yet that is exactly what he maintains. "The court said we can change this piece of the constitution, so we are bound to uphold that."

BTW, where does the Constitution authorise courts to "uphold or strike down law" to begin with? The old Marbury vs Madison scam is something you "conservatives" never seem to want to touch?

The whole system is rigged, with Big Government Liberals on Team Blue and Big Government Conservatives on Team Red, and all the little kids being duped into thinking it's real, not realising both Teams are run by the same Entertainment Corporation. WWE Politics-As-Usual.

But that's okay. America will learn. The beatings (and betrayals) will continue until enough people finally understand. And then, we will either turn to God, or perish.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

The police throwing these protesters out are hilarious. Several have barely shouted a couple words before getting tossed. I think I've seen the police smile a few times. They're having too much fun.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
The police throwing these protesters out are hilarious. Several have barely shouted a couple words before getting tossed. I think I've seen the police smile a few times. They're having too much fun.
"First they came for liberal useful idiots, but I didn't care because I was not a liberal useful idiot." Everyone can fill in the rest as they feel inclined.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Banned

What is Kavanaugh's opinion/opinions on corporate personhood?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You did not read the whole thing. He stated EVEN IF it was a search (that is, EVEN IF we dismiss the third party doctrine as being relevant), it is still justified.

Here's a quote directly from his opinion which I linked above:
Government demonstrates a sufficient “special need” – that is,
a need beyond the normal need for law enforcement – that
outweighs the intrusion on individual liberty. Examples
include drug testing of students, roadblocks to detect drunk
drivers, border checkpoints, and security screening at airports.
A genuine constitutionalist understands that the constitution is the "supreme law of the land". Which means that searches without warrant and probable cause are illegal, P.E.R.I.O.D.

You mentioned "judges aren't supposed to make law", yet that is exactly what he maintains. "The court said we can change this piece of the constitution, so we are bound to uphold that."

BTW, where does the Constitution authorise courts to "uphold or strike down law" to begin with? The old Marbury vs Madison scam is something you "conservatives" never seem to want to touch?

The whole system is rigged, with Big Government Liberals on Team Blue and Big Government Conservatives on Team Red, and all the little kids being duped into thinking it's real, not realising both Teams are run by the same Entertainment Corporation. WWE Politics-As-Usual.

But that's okay. America will learn. The beatings (and betrayals) will continue until enough people finally understand. And then, we will either turn to God, or perish.
It doesn't matter what his opinion is. He is still siding with "established" precedent from the Supreme Court.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Not riding the train

Corey Booker, the race baiter is up. And, of course, it is all about race.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It doesn't matter what his opinion is. He is still siding with "established" precedent from the Supreme Court.
That's why he is unfit to serve on the SCOTUS.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
That's why he is unfit to serve on the SCOTUS.
I would LOVE for you to sit in that hot seat today and see how you faired with all the questioning.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Not riding the train

Kamala Harris is up. She is absolutely the rudest person in the Senate. Now she is calling Kavanaugh a white supremisist. Lol! She tries to appear so intelligent, but basically reads from a script - every time.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

This morning Corey Booker, who is considering a run for POTUS in 2020, broke the committee's rules and released committee confidential emails of Kavanaugh. The consequence of doing so is expulsion from the Senate.

I hope, but sincerely doubt, the GOP leadership in the Senate will actually follow through and enforce the penalty. Booker dared them to do so. IMO, he was taunting the Senate leadership to charge him and expel him. It was sickening to watch such utter contempt and lack of respect towards the Senate rules.

Also, late last night, an anonymous individual leaked more committee confidential emails from Kavanaugh to the NY Times regarding Roe V Wade. While the NY Times is keeping the source hidden, it's likely a usual suspect who has been accused of leaking to the press before -- one who earned the nickname "Leaky." Sen Patrick "Leaky" Leahy questioned the existence of this email late yesterday, so it's interesting that the same evening, the NY Times receives leaked documents.

I hope the leadership in the Senate follow through and enforce the rules and consequences and expel Booker from the Senate. But I doubt they will. Because when it all boils down, politics is politics. Now that the Dems have done this, the GOP will hold it over them for a time down the road when they'll do the same thing.