Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Re: The Serpent Deceived Me! What Saith The Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
You mentioned, "Then this newly hired helper has to submit to your instruction."

Obedience isn't necessarily submission. The instruction I would relay to the new employee would have been instituted by the owner of the company. I'm simply there to obey and teach his instruction. If I don't have a managerial position, the new employee and I are found in the same positions. They only difference is that I would have seniority, which does not indicate authority.
Any job where I had seniority, I was given the reins to do the training. In training, there is student and there is teacher. Unless and until the student eclipses the teacher, the student is still under tutelage, and therefore, under submission.

Husbands are to be the ones leading by example in their families, of proper Christian conduct and doctrine. Husbands don't need to badger and demand a wife into submission, but if the husband is reflecting the image and glory of Christ, as Christ Jesus reflects the image and glory of God the Father, unless the wife is severely backslidden, or was never a believer, though it may take time, she will out of conviction, not because the husband is worthy of anything apart from Christ, begin to submit to him as her head.

Relationships cannot function properly without some kind of give and take. If one is giving all, and one is taking all, abuse is present. God has ordained that men lead, but submit to Christ, just as Christ submitted to God, and women submit to their men, just as he does to the Lord.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/