Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Matthew 6:25, Jesus' Command We Can Easily Ign

I say unto thee, though surely doth not understandeth thine translation...

He is talking about worrying.
“For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, what you will eat, and not for your body, what you will wear. Is your life not more than food and your body more than clothing? Consider the birds of the sky, that they do not sow or reap or gather produce into barns, and your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they are? And who among you, by being anxious, is able to add one hour to his life span? And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe the lilies of the field, how they grow: they do not toil or spin, but I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory was dressed like one of these. But if God dresses the grass of the field in this way, although it is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not do so much more for you, you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?,’ for the pagans seek after all these things. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow, because tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:25-34 LEB
http://bible.com/90/mat.6.25-34.LEB

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I say unto thee, though surely doth not understandeth thine translation...

He is talking about worrying.
“For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, what you will eat, and not for your body, what you will wear. Is your life not more than food and your body more than clothing? Consider the birds of the sky, that they do not sow or reap or gather produce into barns, and your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they are? And who among you, by being anxious, is able to add one hour to his life span? And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe the lilies of the field, how they grow: they do not toil or spin, but I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory was dressed like one of these. But if God dresses the grass of the field in this way, although it is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not do so much more for you, you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?,’ for the pagans seek after all these things. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow, because tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:25-34 LEB
http://bible.com/90/mat.6.25-34.LEB
Help yourself here, Big Talker. Jesus Commanded twice, "GIVE NO THOUGHT FOR THE MORROW."

Got that? "Thought" includes more than your little comment about "worrying." You are no more than typical of all other well influenced church pewsitters.

Lol. Have a nice weak faith.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoReba View Post
Lol. You just spoke a lie, and will be judged for it by God. However, I do forgive you because you know not what you say in English.

Actually, I am far more saved than yourself, zeep. I accept all of God's Word, not just what your American friends are busy chatting about. Did you know Jesus never said 99% of what your friends in here say?
oh, sorry, i thought you said as much.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Man, we are so blessed to have this godlike character, joreba among our midst.

Such blessing and humility.

I have learned so much! Paul was a jerk, Mary was a alcoholic, WOW!

But I am glad that this divine creature has humbled himself to walk among us mere mortals.

Yes!

Old 10-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
"I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor yet for your body, what you shall put on."

Verse 34, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow."

1.) If any Christians have in their house a stocked pantry, refrigerator, or freezer they are giving thought for the morrow, and are denying Jesus' Word.

2.) If any Christian has indoor plumbing, a well, or liquids for consumption in containers, they are ignoring Jesus' Command.

3.) If any Christian has more clothes than what they are wearing, has a washing machine and dryer, or uses the services of a dry cleaner to have fresh clothes on a later day, they are willingly rejecting Jesus' plan for their clothing needs.

If you mock any of this, you then are mocking God. If you share your thoughts and state "How you see it" otherwise, rather than stating Scripture or Prophecy, you then you are ignoring God. If you try to water down Jesus' verbatim Words by giving some sort of a "more reasonable understanding," then you are Luke Warm, and Jesus will spew you out of His Mouth.

Remember, none of this has anything to do with myself, and has everything to do with Jesus' Commands. Try to stay on point, rather than thinking "Everything is Related to Everything!" as women compulsively do when discussing things.
This is deeper waters section, not the shallow end of the wading pool, Joreba. Get deep, man. You're posting nothing but shallow material.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Man, we are so blessed to have this godlike character, joreba among our midst.

Such blessing and humility.

I have learned so much! Paul was a jerk, Mary was a alcoholic, WOW!

But I am glad that this divine creature has humbled himself to walk among us mere mortals.

Yes!
Yes, indeed. Are you a slacker, there in California? A weak little Genexer guy? You do think like one. As you drift along ...

Stay right there in Monterrey. You belong there. Have another beer before lunch. It's all good ...
Old 10-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Banned

your best lessons are ones about humility, that you are likely unaware of
Old 10-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
This is deeper waters section, not the shallow end of the wading pool, Joreba. Get deep, man. You're posting nothing but shallow material.
How about a deeper bowl of mashed potatoes. Or a deep dish puzza? Sound good? The black shirt can make any fat gut look "slimmer." Lol.

Tell me what you think about Jesus' Command saying "Give No Thought To The Morrow." Is it a good Command? Do Babbling Pentecostals have enough Ho-Leee Spee-Ritttt!! in them to obey it? No?

You appear to be avoiding this Command from Jesus. Do you have "Freedom In The Spirit" to do that? Is He really your Lord?

Lol.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes, indeed. Are you a slacker, there in California? A weak little Genexer guy? You do think like one. As you drift along ...

Stay right there in Monterrey. You belong there. Have another beer before lunch. It's all good ...
I am a little slow JoMamma, you keep saying I am in Cali, it must be the monterrey moniker I have.

There is also a Monterrey Mexico.

Ever thought of that?

Old 10-30-2015, 03:57 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
How about a deeper bowl of mashed potatoes. Or a deep dish puzza? Sound good? The black shirt can make any fat gut look "slimmer." Lol.

Tell me what you think about Jesus' Command saying "Give No Thought To The Morrow." Is it a good Command? Do Babbling Pentecostals have enough Ho-Leee Spee-Ritttt!! in them to obey it? No?

You appear to be avoiding this Command from Jesus. Do you have "Freedom In The Spirit" to do that? Is He really your Lord?

Lol.
Your questions don't deserve an answer as repeatedly you have labeled those responding to your demands and questions with mocking and demeaning.

Retract your ugly comments, and maybe there can be a meaningful discussion. However, it is doubtful you have any capability of discussion without degradation.