Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Don't ask.

Re: If you were an animal, what would you be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Timmy, that's exactly how I pictured you.

ILG, I don't know why, but for some reason I see you as a Percheron. Firm, sturdy, with old-fashioned values. NOT the size - no, no, no!! Just the sturdiness, I guess.

FB, cat is good. I think that describes you well

OA, I never would have thought of a sloth or a turtle for you. Isn't that interesting that you did. hmmmm.....

ok, so if you were to describe others on here, what animal would you assign to different people?

Stew, maybe not the black panther. They are TOO aggressive. You need to be something more domesticated because a panther wouldn't leave you free to care about people, and I really feel like you do. I could see you as a large, sleek, award-winning black cat. One with fine credentials. You would be much more than an ordinary housecat. But NOT a wild cat. But a cat is definitely good. I see you sitting back observing and when the time is right, you stand up, stretch, speak your peace, move about and take care of business, then go back to your corner to observe some more..
I dunno. Somehow, I can't see Stewie trying to trip me every time I walk down the stairs!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I dunno. Somehow, I can't see Stewie trying to trip me every time I walk down the stairs!
Timmy, did I say anything about Stewie tripping anyone? He's a cat with CLASS!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Timmy, that's exactly how I pictured you.

ILG, I don't know why, but for some reason I see you as a Percheron. Firm, sturdy, with old-fashioned values. NOT the size - no, no, no!! Just the sturdiness, I guess.

FB, cat is good. I think that describes you well

OA, I never would have thought of a sloth or a turtle for you. Isn't that interesting that you did. hmmmm.....

ok, so if you were to describe others on here, what animal would you assign to different people?

Stew, maybe not the black panther. They are TOO aggressive. You need to be something more domesticated because a panther wouldn't leave you free to care about people, and I really feel like you do. I could see you as a large, sleek, award-winning black cat. One with fine credentials. You would be much more than an ordinary housecat. But NOT a wild cat. But a cat is definitely good. I see you sitting back observing and when the time is right, you stand up, stretch, speak your peace, move about and take care of business, then go back to your corner to observe some more..
I'm not a "cat person", but your explanation sounds fine to me

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 12-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
LOL...this would be more in keeping with my experiences with domestic cats

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
I'm not a "cat person", but your explanation sounds fine to me
I am not a cat person either, but I did find myself the owner of one 4 years ago... I never liked cats... and still don't... can't stand my sisters cats, but I like my cat. I tell her all the time that she reminds me of me... lol You can not make a cat do anything they don't want to do.

But..she is very easy to care for...really low maintenence... change litter and put water out... got an auto feeder for her food... I don't hear a lot from her...but when she does want something, she is not to be ignored, and won't let up until I answer her need...usually the food or water has run out.

Sometimes she annoys me when she chooses to make herself known and rubs up against my leg. Otherwise, she is kept to herself, really independent, will not be controlled and I like her spunk.

CeCe is a beautiful black cat with silver markings and she was named after CeCe Winans...

oh, and she loves heat....and so do I... like to be warm.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

You asked what kind of animal would we be, not what kind of animal would we want to be. I'd want to be a wolf. Strong, powerful, loyal (to the pack), alert, respected, smart. has good vision, versatile, a survivor.

But, alas, I am but a lowly turtle.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlessed View Post
I am not a cat person either, but I did find myself the owner of one 4 years ago... I never liked cats... and still don't... can't stand my sisters cats, but I like my cat. I tell her all the time that she reminds me of me... lol You can not make a cat do anything they don't want to do.

But..she is very easy to care for...really low maintenence... change litter and put water out... got an auto feeder for her food... I don't hear a lot from her...but when she does want something, she is not to be ignored, and won't let up until I answer her need...usually the food or water has run out.

Sometimes she annoys me when she chooses to make herself known and rubs up against my leg. Otherwise, she is kept to herself, really independent, will not be controlled and I like her spunk.

CeCe is a beautiful black cat with silver markings and she was named after CeCe Winans...

oh, and she loves heat....and so do I... like to be warm.
I "gained" a cat when my wife and I got married. Her cat lived with us for some time. She was just weird and would only come out when she wanted to and ignored us half the time. I just didn't see the point of a pet like that. I just don't need the pressure of constantly seeking my pets approval and affection...I have a wife for that

Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
I "gained" a cat when my wife and I got married. Her cat lived with us for some time. She was just weird and would only come out when she wanted to and ignored us half the time. I just didn't see the point of a pet like that. I just don't need the pressure of constantly seeking my pets approval and affection...I have a wife for that
We have a cat AND a dog. While I love them both, I gotta tell you, the differences between them are vast!

The dog never leaves my side (he is not MY dog!) And he barks every time someone comes near the house. He is very demanding. But very, very affectionate. Since I've been home with this cast on my leg, he just sits near it and whines. Doesn't want anyone to come near it.

The cat on the other hand, comes out when she wants to. And ONLY when she wants to. I don't feel guilty about her tho, Stew. I don't feel any pressure to win her affection or approval. She is who she is. Oh well.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Timmy, did I say anything about Stewie tripping anyone? He's a cat with CLASS!
OK, cool. Was just going by personal experience. I think if our cat "Junior" ever succeeds, he'd do a big ole victory dance. Then, if I happened to be the only one home at the time, it might sink in that it was counter-productive to kill me when he's hungry (and he's always hungry!).
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Go Dodgers!

I would love to be an eagle an soar high on the winds...until I thought about some zit faced kid with a .22 shooting me out of the sky...

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.