Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Sis.

Thank-you for the pictures...made me homesick. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Blessings, Rhoni
haha...I always do.Come home Sister its great weather.It was sunny most of the time.Did you see the picture I have of Sister Bertha Garrett? She is ninety three.That is so awesome.She can still shout!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:01 AM
delete account

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
haha...I always do.Come home Sister its great weather.It was sunny most of the time.Did you see the picture I have of Sister Bertha Garrett? She is ninety three.That is so awesome.She can still shout!
I had a friend with me from Florida this week and it helped. The weather here is just beginning to get warm and sunshiny! I miss 80 degree weather in the winter! LOL. I have been so cold here! LOL

It is amazing how young we look and feel when we live a pleasing life to God in holiness...isn't it? God Bless Sis. Garrett.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Sister Aurelia Hopkins(sister Greens Sister in Law) gave her testimony how Jesus healed her of MS.Its awesome!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow did I had a blast at Ocala Ladies Conference 2007!
Words can not explain the awesomeness of the Annointing.Each service/sermon was unique and God visited with Woman.
Heres my photo link:
http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w16/ddc101/
This is for my La friend.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

My little girl had decided she is all grown up now.She is ten years old going on twenty.Somehow she talked Grandma into buyimg her a pair of high heeled wedges at the mall to wear to church on Sunday.When she came home to show me the new shoes I just shook my head from side to side.The more you say sometimes the worst things turn out.I knew though that it wasn't going to be a good outcome.She is way too young for those thirty dollar wedges.
Sunday came and she dressed up in her new outfit with the shoes which made her seem a half a foot taller.She was the first into church and about ran to Sunday School to show them off.She had assured me that the sales lady
told grandma that these were wedges for a ten year old and that she would have to start wearing high heels someday lol.Grandma when she approached me at church told me she thought I wasn't going to like it(wonder why she did it then huh?).Anyway things went well and after church the shoes went into the closet.Today is Tuesday and somehow she snuck (yeah thats the word I will use) the shoes out and into the car or in her booksack and wore them to school.Her dad dropped her off so I missed that.I did however see them on her when she arrived home and yes...they are broken,scuffed and irrepairable.
I knew this and its why I don't give into her when we shoe shop and she comes around the corner twenty times with metallic red stillettos and such.
It cracks me up sometimes the antics a girl tries when she is ten.....going on twenty.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

That reminds me of my first pair of heels!!!! I was thirteen years old. It was
Easter and my family went to visit my brother who was in the Naval Honor Guard in Washington DC. Well there was a light snow on Easter morning. We went to the grave of the unknown soldier in Arlington Cemetery to watch the changing of the guard with my brother who was in uniform. Walking to the grave site, I had my hands in the pockets of my coat. I slipped and fell and could not get up because I could not get my hands out of the coat. So --- I flapped around on the ground as my family laughed at me. My mother was afraid my brother was going to get arrested for being disrespectful to his uniform, because he got hysterical. I got up and went made it through the ceremony. When we got back in the car, I was in the middle of my mother and sister in the back seat. When I sat down, my knees went up because of the hump in the car and both of my knees had busted through my stockings. We started laughing all over again. That is my memory of my first heels!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Now that is funny.I could see it happening as I read it.I have some funny things to write but I am saving them.lol.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

I wrote and published this last year when my dad was so sick.

My Fathers Eyes
Eyes are called the windows of the soul.Its not necessarily what we see looking into the
windows but what is behind the panes and the curtains that is revealed over time.
It may be that looking out from the panes of someones soul is a heart filled with kindness
and forgiveness.Maybe what is behind the panes is a hurting person or even someone
who can feel mercy and empathy for those it sets its sights on.
Windows sometime get clouded and need cleaning just as our hearts need cleaning out.
Unforgivenness can fog up window panes and make it impossible to see things for what
they really are.That same unforgiveness may even cause a person to not try to look
past the pane and focus inwardly missing out on life's fullness and opportunities.

Eyes can be different colors.They can be a brilliant blue that sparkles and shines and
seems to hold laughter behind them.They can be a deep sea green that seemingly have
so much depth and hold many mysteries.Then there is deep brown eyes that match
the colors of desert sand.Behind them lies an oasis and a place of rest for a tired soul.

There are eyes that hold familiar longings often recognizable by those who have
experienced certain feelings.There is the look of despair which can hide a multitude
of things behind it that need dusting off and refreshing.There is the look of longing that
needs to find fullfillment.There is the look of hope and newness of life.

Behind each set of eyes lies a story that is unique to the bearer of azure or sienna.
The story that can only be told by the soul that lies behind the panes.Hidden secrets of the
heart that go unnoticed by man but are written in Gods' book of rememberance.
He sees behind the panes regardless of how much cleaning needs to be done
or clutter moved from blocking His view.Its said that each person has a unique
cornea that can be scanned as identification.Surely God placed this within
man for a purpose.He can read our thoughts when even the best scanner in
the world can only search for patterns.

There are eyes that are special because behind them lie a soul to which we are tied.
Like the eyes of our mother.The special adoration that we come to know as a child.
The look of love and concern.Those eyes it seems can read our minds and know what
we have done even before anyone else.They seem to bore holes in our heads.They
are like lamps in the dark turning over secret hidden things.

There is a certain piece of art called the eye of God.Its a neat thing made of yarn
and dowl rods.Its composed of yarn wrapped around and around in a pattern.I often
have wondered how it got its name.But then when I stop to realize how the watchfullness
and eyes of the Lord watch over us and are intertwined in our lives as children of God
then its easier to understand why that piece of art is named the Eye of God.

My favorite eyes belong to my father.I can be sure they watch over me and protect me.
He was given this duty by our Heavenly Father.This earthly role is very comforting.
These eyes show pride in my simple accomplishments.I am sure once in a while
they beam as if the sun is reflecting golden rays out of them.In them I see the Eyes of
God using a man to look through the pain of life and even tears of anguish and joy
and give me confidence that I am loved and protected.What beautiful eyes belong to my father.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

I am the mother of two girls.I also have a son.He was
low maintance.When he was sixteen he had a job and bought his own car and paid his own insurance.
Now I am raising his sisters.They cost bucks.Do you hear me...bucks.Girls need stuff constantly.For those of you who have little ones get ready they are expensive to own. I cannot fault them actually I believe that the price
of basic grooming products are through the roof.You spend a bundle on panty hose,liners,pads,hair care products,nail/foot care products/skin care products and hey thank God we don't buy makeup or any of that stuff
because you have to discard it every three months or so and buy new one,contacts,solution,glasses,shoes,basic clothing for girls which is not cheap unless you want to always walk around in a jean skirt and t shirt with flip flops.Thats okay if you are shopping but we go to church,functions,work etc.
and we want to dress neat and modest.Not to mention the cost of hair care products...the shampoo,conditioner,hair sprays,gels etc can run a small fortune.I am glad I have a job or honestly I would not be able to afford myself.I have done without the basics before and its not fun.Alot of people say sew it cheaper but I beg to differ.Have you seen the price of materials,notions etc? Its cheaper to bargain shop.
Hey one day they will live on their own but I tell
them they had better finish college or marry rich because they are expensive to own.I have one that my husband calls "The fancy Do Dad." Seriously she takes forever to get ready and is a big fashion bug.I hope some day she
makes a career out of it if thats possible...lol....career shopper.....just a rant this am....
Old 07-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Fonix

Quote:
Okay I am from Louisiana and we do things totally different than the rest of the world.I had to grow up and leave to realize that not everyone has such a cultural
upbringing.To a Cajun your aunt is called Taunte and your Uncle Nonke.How that is spelled in Paris french I don't know but here I spelled it exactly as a Cajun would say it.We still raised chickens in our yards up until about ten years ago when the ordinances tightened up.lol.Louisiana Campmeeting is totally fun.If you have never been then save up cherie.They will let you rent a bunk for two dollars a night.
u sure u aint readin and ritin in fonix??? I have been to LA many times and I still cant under them thar cajun folks.