Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Da Evangelist

Re: Control Freaks Running The WPF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post

To me the UPCI and the WPF just preach what you can and can't do.

But never offer any sunstantial direction for growth or revivial.
Nate I think you are wrong here at least when it comes to the UPCI. There are a LOT of churches where they preach more than what you can and can't do and for the most part the UPCI churches are having revival.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post

To me the UPCI and the WPF just preach what you can and can't do. But never offer any sunstantial direction for growth or revivial..

They preach separation as their foot hold....

Their bylaws are always 5 times longer than their articles of faith...
To me, that statement is too broad concerning the UPCI. I'm sorry that your experience hasn't been that great...and I do understand because I've heard it in other churches... but not all UPCI churches spend their time teaching standards. My pastor spends his time preaching faith, prayer, growth and revival.. In 4 years, i have yet to hear one message on standards or anything associated with them.

Of course the Tulsa group would consider the church liberal and wouldn't associate with us if they pastored in the same town..
Old 02-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Communion at AFF

I'm glad internet forums weren't around in the 40's.

Seriously, I hear less whining from my 11 year old. And he whines a lot (but he's getting better).
Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Draw4Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by embonpoint View Post
I was making an observation from the sideline. And asking a question. I still believe the observation is valid and the question pertinent
Btw I have been either in the fray or on the sideline for some time.

You seem to have a problem with one particular organizer and that is too bad.
My experience is that the "admonition" you quote has long been a handy tool to "control" the actions of others. It seem to vary broadly in its application.

Again I ask who is seeking to control whom?

I have sat in meetings and heard (and enjoyed) the preaching of most of the T-6. That having been said, I am greatly disturbed by what they are doing, although I happen to think the UPC will be just fine after they leave. I singled out the issue of the trinitarian Bible College affiliation because I find it sadly hypocritical - an opinion I have maintained since first hearing of this unholy union. So, no, I do not have a problem with any one organizer in particular, rather, I have a problem with all six.

Why do I have a problem, you may ask?

I find it extremely disingenuous that anyone even remotely affiliated with the WPF would pretend that this is not the formation of a new organization. This one deceptive issue alone is enough to warrant genuine scrutiny of these men's motives and actions.

As for who is seeking to control who, well, I firmly believe that the UPC has a right to defend itself from these predatory solicitors, and, if that is viewed as being controlling, then sobeit.

Shalom.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Draw4Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
It's funny that I have had to read slurs about uneducated, ignorant, hayseed preachers around here forever, until all of a sudden we have one of the Tulsa men with a degree, and now we are reading about puffed up suits with letters following their name, and how a simple grandmother can do more for God.

Just another item to drop in the file labeled "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm."

Coonskinner,

I'm new here, so I haven't read the posts you refer to.

So, I previously wrote:

A humble grandmother who reads and believes her Bible with a clear God-given understanding can accomplish more than a misguided, puffed-up suit in crocodile shoes with a degree in exegetical theology. On the other hand, there is most definitely nothing wrong with furthering ones knowledge by attending seminary; I just want to be clear that some are easily swayed by simple verbal wordsmithing.

I wholeheartedly support the idea of extensive theological study. My comments were directed toward the idea that just because someone is a smooth talker doesn't mean they are speaking truth. The key word present in my diatribe is "misguided." This was not specifically directed toward the T-6, but a general observation in regard to pure motives versus a misguided agenda.

Shalom.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draw4Tacos View Post
Coonskinner,

I'm new here, so I haven't read the posts you refer to.

So, I previously wrote:

A humble grandmother who reads and believes her Bible with a clear God-given understanding can accomplish more than a misguided, puffed-up suit in crocodile shoes with a degree in exegetical theology. On the other hand, there is most definitely nothing wrong with furthering ones knowledge by attending seminary; I just want to be clear that some are easily swayed by simple verbal wordsmithing.

I wholeheartedly support the idea of extensive theological study. My comments were directed toward the idea that just because someone is a smooth talker doesn't mean they are speaking truth. The key word present in my diatribe is "misguided." This was not specifically directed toward the T-6, but a general observation in regard to pure motives versus a misguided agenda.

Shalom.
He's talking (taking liberties here, CS) about people here attacking the character of men of God on both ends of an educational spectrum because they are too self righteous to not have SOMETHING to complain about.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
I'm glad internet forums weren't around in the 40's.

Seriously, I hear less whining from my 11 year old. And he whines a lot (but he's getting better).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
He's talking (taking liberties here, CS) about people here attacking the character of men of God on both ends of an educational spectrum because they are too self righteous to not have SOMETHING to complain about.
But where would any of us be without Jekyll complaining about the "complainers?" Jekyll rocks!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
But where would any of us be without Jekyll complaining about the "complainers?" Jekyll rocks!
A forum for whiners that whine about whiners?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
The answer to your question is obvious!

Thanks for the post!
Well we agree that the answer is obvious.

Its just defining the obvious that seems to give us trouble.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
A voice of reason, finally.

Furthermore, the original six set it up so that they will all be out of office in a few years.

Some power hungry control freaks. If that is their intent, they have gone about it in a pretty inept way.

There was power mongering in Tulsa