Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Banned

Re: Trojan Horse

Incredible Sermon!
Old 07-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Banned

At 31:20, he references (Charles) Parham and his time evangelizing Galveston, TX.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
At 31:20, he references (Charles) Parham and his time evangelizing Galveston, TX.
Not far from San Antonio where he was arrested in 1907 for "the commission of an unnatural offense" along with his 22 year old co-defendant J.J. Jourdan. CP denied the charges and claimed he was framed.

Whether he was framed or it was true it does seem to mark the great decline of his ministry and influence in the early Pentecostal movement.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-11-2020, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

My cousin was once attending an Assembly of God church. Her and I were talking one day and the fact came up that the AG predominantly aligns itself with Pentecostalism. She hadn't the slightest idea the church she was going to fell under the Pentecostal umbrella. I remember her telling me that she had never heard anyone speaking in tongues, shouting, dancing in the aisles, or crying before the Lord at the altar. Not saying these things cannot happen in churches that are not set-aside as purposely Pentecostal, but that's generally what we get the tag for.

She no longer goes to this church. Why? I don't know. Maybe she heard someone quietly speak in a tongue or two and she bailed. She's not one that's too open to the gifts or any supernatural Spirit-filled walk with Christ.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Good message.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:58 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
My cousin was once attending an Assembly of God church. Her and I were talking one day and the fact came up that the AG predominantly aligns itself with Pentecostalism. She hadn't the slightest idea the church she was going to fell under the Pentecostal umbrella. I remember her telling me that she had never heard anyone speaking in tongues, shouting, dancing in the aisles, or crying before the Lord at the altar. Not saying these things cannot happen in churches that are not set-aside as purposely Pentecostal, but that's generally what we get the tag for.

She no longer goes to this church. Why? I don't know. Maybe she heard someone quietly speak in a tongue or two and she bailed. She's not one that's too open to the gifts or any supernatural Spirit-filled walk with Christ.
There are RCC churches that do all of that.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
"We didn't change the horse. He changed us, and we called it revival."
That right there really hit hard.

Like, ouch. Wake up church!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

I listened to this message and I don't believe it ever really registered with me that this brother was Trinitarian. Naturally, I know he was, but I tried not to let it blur my thinking of his message.

This was a very good message, and a very needed one in the Pentecostal church. I know Bro Clendennen was primarily speaking to churches inside the Assemblies of God, but I couldn't help but think of our Apostolic brothers and sisters while listening to this sermon. There are so many of them that are gradually walking away from this marvelous Truth, and they know better. They've compromised.

That horse he's talking about has done a number on the Pentecostal church as a whole, and it's tackling the Apostolic church now with all it's got. So many seem to have already given over to that counterfeit move of God, and it's quenched what they once had.

Lord Jesus, help us all.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Incredible Sermon!
Thank you.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
I listened to this message and I don't believe it ever really registered with me that this brother was Trinitarian.
Are you a trinitarian?

I didn't know.