Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-24-2024, 02:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Was Adam and Eve the only first created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So Adam is God’s chosen man, from all the others which God first created.
Then God takes the chosen man, His son and places that son into the garden.
He separates that son into two making male and female? Then through that son’s linage all the others outside the garden can be saved and be able to enter the garden?
Sounds good to me!

Luke 24:46-47 KJV
And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-24-2024, 02:30 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I’m dealing with two groups that see Adam was God’s creation, or God’s head man. He was made a living soul. While those outside the garden were not “living souls.” The both groups believe almost the same thing, but happen to be two different races. Both see Adam as being a part of their favorite race. But, then this reminded me of a Talmudic teaching which has the first creation story being God created “adam” humankind male and female combined. Then in the Garden God’s capital he, the Adam is separated into two beings, Eve. I don’t understand how the Rabbis explain what happened to the hermaphrodites living outside the garden. Since Adam was the only one brought into the garden. But the Talmud does teach one group on the outside of the garden ( dogs, creeping things, unclean) one inside the garden. Adam being God chosen Son.

Adam is the head of a special race, group. Everyone else on the outside are on the same level as the animals. Only the lineage of Adam ( one created for God’s purpose ) are saved literally. Genetically speaking?

The two group teaching does have a soteriology and maybe an eschatology issue. But I would like to discuss this subject some more.
Yeah, I'm probably familiar with both of the groups you are talking about. And yes they are both immersed in some Talmudic doctrines.

The term for man used in chapter 1 is the same used in chapter 2. Therefore the people mentioned in chapter 1 are essentially the same (as to nature) as in chapter 2, the difference being that chapter 2 deals with God's relationship with a particular man and his family. Just as God deals with a particular man in chapter 6 and his family (Noah etc), and with Abraham, and Jacob, etc. The Bible is literally a particular family's history. That particular family was chosen by God to be the primary vehicle through which He is working His Divine Plan for all nations, peoples, families, tribes, etc. It was that family from which the Christ came as the archetypal Seed of Abraham in whom all families of the earth are to be blessed.

Isaiah 56:3-8 KJV
Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. [4] For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; [5] Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. [6] Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; [7] Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. [8] The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-24-2024, 02:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Didn’t Adam and Eve have more sons and daughters after the first borns? When people were living hundreds of years, why thinking they had to marry and have kids before being 20? Adam had Seth when he was like 130 years old.

I don’t know why it is hard to see that as the simplest and most feasible explanation?

Genesis 5:4 (KJV) And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters.
Explanation for what?

Old 01-24-2024, 06:40 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Didn’t Adam and Eve have more sons and daughters after the first borns? When people were living hundreds of years, why thinking they had to marry and have kids before being 20? Adam had Seth when he was like 130 years old.

I don’t know why it is hard to see that as the simplest and most feasible explanation?

Genesis 5:4 (KJV) And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters.
Can you please clarify what you are trying to say in this post? I would really like to know your thoughts.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Explanation for what?
Quote:
Can you please clarify what you are trying to say in this post? I would really like to know your thoughts.
I may be rumbling here. I thought the whole idea of "other humans were created beside Adam" is like an attempt to answer how Seth or Cain got wives. Or at least that's what I have dealt with when people ask "how can you explain this?" to introduce that idea of other human creations beside Adam.
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com
Old 01-24-2024, 05:41 PM
New User

Quote:
I may be rumbling here. I thought the whole idea of "other humans were created beside Adam" is like an attempt to answer how Seth or Cain got wives. Or at least that's what I have dealt with when people ask "how can you explain this?" to introduce that idea of other human creations beside Adam.
Who/what are you addressing?
Old 01-24-2024, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Who/what are you addressing?
Just in Bible Studies or conversations.

Typical questions like this:

[Gen 5:6 KJV] 6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

How Seth got married and begat a son when the only people on earth were Adam, Even, Cain and Seth?

Another example:

[Gen 4:14 KJV] 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, [that] every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Who was Cain afraid of when the only people on earth were Adam, Even and Cain?

So, people speculate that there were other human created beside Adam, which is related with that EB said in the OP.
The issue is that people read these ancient manuscripts like they read modern novelas, so they expect these ancient manuscripts to be structured the same way, but they are not.

Does that make sense?
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com

Last edited by coksiw; 01-24-2024 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

The problem people have is they hold to the catholic dogma of "inherited sin" where sin is a substance of some kind passed on genetically or whatever. So any humans NOT descended from Adam would be seen by them as outside the scope of the redemptive and restorative work of Christ. Why? Who knows, none of them have been able to explain why they think that.

Sin is a legal and judicial category, not a biological or metaphysical category.[/QUOTE]

well, of course i strongly disagree with your statement, and no, i don't hold to any catholic dogma. just curious where you find this in the scriptures.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Covenant Apostolic

This may not be totally relevant to the subject, but . . .
The separate Genesis accounts may be the same event with different emphasis. Different view points.

The first account a reputiation of pagan creation myths such as the Babylonian Enuma Elish. Pagans worship the sun, moon, stars, earth, ect. YHWH makes the point that he alone is God and creator of all things.
Mystery Babylon didn't originate in Rome.

The second account showcases man as the pinnacle of creation made to rule and reign on the earth. The Bible is after all the telling of how man falls into disobedience needing redemption and restoration. A return to the garden

Last edited by Amanah; 01-25-2024 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Just in Bible Studies or conversations.

Typical questions like this:

[Gen 5:6 KJV] 6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

How Seth got married and begat a son when the only people on earth were Adam, Even, Cain and Seth?

Another example:

[Gen 4:14 KJV] 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, [that] every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Who was Cain afraid of when the only people on earth were Adam, Even and Cain?

So, people speculate that there were other human created beside Adam, which is related with that EB said in the OP.
The issue is that people read these ancient manuscripts like they read modern novelas, so they expect these ancient manuscripts to be structured the same way, but they are not.

Does that make sense?
Take a look at this https://concordiatheology.bibleodyss...od-narratives/