Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mandatory Flu Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I have never gotten the flu shot, though my hospital offers it to employees for free. I usually get colds but not the flu. But I just missed three shifts due to the flu. I was sick, sick, sick! That wore my resistance to getting the shot down. But more than that, I don't want to wear a mask. Hopefully I won't experience any side effects from the vaccine except a sore arm.
I guess on principle I have a very hard time with that. Maybe I should just roll over and get the shot. But if something happened to me, I would never forgive myself. I just feel strongly about it. I feel very disheartened right now. I just printed off an application to a local library that has a job I qualify for (kind of unusual to see) but I have to ask myself if this is something I am willing to sign up for. Part of me wishes I could just let it rest like "Sheesh, why don't you just roll over and get the shot and make it easy on your self. Do you ALWAYS have to stand up for what you believe in no matter what the cost?" Think with me here.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
ILG, are you going to get your BSN or ADN?
Right now I am working towards ADN. However, my true intentions are to leave after one year and do LPN. I don't know that I would do this for more than the one year. I am also have some serious problems with my eyes and have an appt with an opthamologist next week. Since I started school and am studying so much I have really started to have issues.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Hi Folks,

Well, here we go. I signed up for nursing school and was able to sign off on the flu vaccine, saying I didn't want it. now, mid-stream they are changing on me and making it mandatory. Not okay by me. I do not want the vaccine. I am not opposed to all vaccines but I am largely opposed to the flu vaccine on principle. I found this online:

It sounds like I might be best off going with a religious exemption (even though I don't attend church) because it doesn't have to be acceptable, logical or consistent with what anybody else thinks. I would like you opinions. I'm frustrated I have to deal with this when I should just be studying. Thanks.
Not attending church does not mean one is irreligious. I could go with that.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Not attending church does not mean one is irreligious. I could go with that.
I wonder if the law would go with that.

Well I sent a note to my instructor. Keep me in your prayers. I am really seeking God on this because I just don't know which way to go....

Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
I wonder if the law would go with that.

Well I sent a note to my instructor. Keep me in your prayers. I am really seeking God on this because I just don't know which way to go....
There you go thou religious one!

I have a friend who is a Pagan and she/they use the religious exemption.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
No. It's mandatory because health professionals work with... get this, are you ready, they work with sick people!!!
They work with people whose immune systems are lowered like the Elderly and other sicknesses.

I suppose we can also complain about mandatory no texting/talking on cell phones too

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

ILG, one of my nurse contacts at a hospital told me that they do not have to take the shot, but if they get the flu, everyday they are out will be considered an unexcused absence.

Last edited by AreYouReady?; 09-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

This is from the Center for Disease Control's own website.

Aluminum gels or salts of aluminum which are added as adjuvants to help the vaccine stimulate a better response. Adjuvants help promote an earlier, more potent response, and more persistent immune response to the vaccine.

See also: "Aluminum in Vaccines: What you should know" [ 579KB / 2 pages] Also available in Spanish [579KB / 2 pages]

Antibiotics which are added to some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs (bacteria) during production and storage of the vaccine. No vaccine produced in the United States contains penicillin.

Egg protein is found in influenza and yellow fever vaccines, which are prepared using chicken eggs. Ordinarily, persons who are able to eat eggs or egg products safely can receive these vaccines.

Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and 2-phenoxy-ethanol which are used as stabilizers in a few vaccines to help the vaccine remain unchanged when the vaccine is exposed to heat, light, acidity, or humidity.

Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine that contain more than one dose to prevent contamination and growth of potentially harmful bacteria.

I am allergic to some antibiotics and I surely do not want aluminum and mercury injected into me. I don't care how small the amount is because if we are forced to take flu shots every year, we don't know how much of these metals build up and where it lands in the body. If I am not mistaken, I do not think that the body eliminates heavy metals unless you produce lots of glutathione. Trouble is...the older one gets, the less glutathione (which removes metals and other toxins) is available. Since there is only so much glutathione in the body, toxins can overwhelm the body defenses and ability to remove toxins.

I am also allergic to MSG. I ate some chicken from a well-known chicken restaurant yesterday and within an hour I thought my head was going to explode from the pain. I won't eat any more of that stuff. I don't want that stuff injected into me.

And aluminum...well what can I say about that? Aluminum is said to be a major factor in alzheimers disease. Of course it is in so many products we use. Even in baking soda and deodorant. blah!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

a flu shot once a year is hardly a high lvl of aluminum. People die from the flu ever year

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Right now I am working towards ADN. However, my true intentions are to leave after one year and do LPN. I don't know that I would do this for more than the one year. I am also have some serious problems with my eyes and have an appt with an opthamologist next week. Since I started school and am studying so much I have really started to have issues.
I hope you don't drink Diet Coke or anything with aspartame. I was existing on Diet Coke and started having eye problems, went to an Opthamologist and found out my retinas were detaching from my eyes due to the aspartame.