Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Not riding the train

Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I'm reading and smiling the WHOLE time.......oh, do I know what you are going through!

Our drama is not the same as yours, but there is MIL drama for sure. She has a problem when things aren't about HER, so it's been a little strange to deal with since this is NOTHING about her.

My dil has been hurt because her mom isn't excited as me. She was even hurt that her mom didn't even bring her camera to the shower - she said, "oh, I didn't even think about it".....
MIL drama for sure. LOL!

Quote:
The table clothes are not up to your (or mine) standards, but honestly so many people really don't pay attention.
That's what my sister said, but I don't see how. LOL!

Quote:
I'm sure the food and fun overshadowed any of the details that you weren't satisfied with.
It really did. The food was great. I noticed that the cheesecake squares and the lemon bars were the first to go. Oh, and we used Margie's punch recipe again. Got a lot of compliments on that! Thanks again, Margie!!!

Quote:
So glad you were able to use the book that I sent you for the shower too - - that's cool!
It went really well being that both of us grandmothers were involved in the shower. They all thought the title was funny.

It was funny when I read:

This somebody who loves you is called
Mimi
Nana
Bubby
Noo-noo
Gamma
Gaga
Granny
or Grandma

I asked if anyone present was called Gaga and they burst out laughing. Too funny!

Then when I read:

When parents go away
Grandmamas do the sitting
And if you need warm mittens
Granny tends to the knitting.

My daughter's MIL says, "I'm not knitting any mittens!" LOL! I said, "Okay, we'll meet up at Target." LOL!

Then I almost started crying here:

For the most valued jewel of Grandma's
Is not a diamond or topaz,
But the precious little child
That her child now has

Quote:
The Grandmother's Prayer Journal you engraved and sent me was admired by my friends - I even had someone ask me where she could get one. I found it and got it for her as a "gift" - paying things forward is always fun! I told her to do the same with someone else in her life.
When I saw the book, I knew you would love it. Glad you liked it. I thought putting your name on it would be great! Now I need to get one for myself. LOL!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM
of 9!! :)

I love the Curious George deco! The food at the shower looked great! (even if it was eaten on wrinkled tablecloths!) ROFLOL!! just pickin on ya girl!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
I love the Curious George deco! The food at the shower looked great! (even if it was eaten on wrinkled tablecloths!) ROFLOL!! just pickin on ya girl!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Not riding the train

"I'm glad everything [mostly] went well. I loved the pics!! Although, they'd be more fun with people in them. LOL" - Subby

No, Subby! We don't post people's pictures on-line!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
"I'm glad everything [mostly] went well. I loved the pics!! Although, they'd be more fun with people in them. LOL" - Subby

No, Subby! We don't post people's pictures on-line!
LOL... email them, then!
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
LOL... email them, then!
I actually told the girl not to take pictures with people in them. LOL!

My daughter's photographer took all the major stuff. I'll see what I can do, but don't hold your breath.

Pictures are funny things. They can bring good or bad memories. I will always remember what a horrible day that woman gave me and will probably, eventually, delete them. As long as my daughter has her pictures, I don't care if I have any.

EDIT: Besides, girl, you are a major picture fanatic!!! You need to get a professional photography job and get paid for it!!!

Last edited by Pressing-On; 06-07-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
I actually told the girl not to take pictures with people in them. LOL!

My daughter's photographer took all the major stuff. I'll see what I can do, but don't hold your breath.

Pictures are funny things. They can bring good or bad memories. I will always remember what a horrible day that woman gave me and will probably, eventually, delete them. As long as my daughter has her pictures, I don't care if I have any.

EDIT: Besides, girl, you are a major picture fanatic!!! You need to get a professional photography job and get paid for it!!!
LOL -- you told her not to take pics with people in them?! TOO FUNNY!

(I don't have the right camera for any paid jobs... yet. I'm working on that.)
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
LOL -- you told her not to take pics with people in them?! TOO FUNNY!

(I don't have the right camera for any paid jobs... yet. I'm working on that.)
LOL! Yes, I did!

I remember one time we went to the San Antonio Zoo with some friends. I was taking pictures and after they were developed, my husband looked at them and said, "There are NO people in these pictures!"

I said, "We see Tiffany and Walter all the time. I never get to see the animals."

Well, I hope you get one soon. You do take great pictures.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
LOL! Yes, I did!

I remember one time we went to the San Antonio Zoo with some friends. I was taking pictures and after they were developed, my husband looked at them and said, "There are NO people in these pictures!"

I said, "We see Tiffany and Walter all the time. I never get to see the animals."
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Well, I hope you get one soon. You do take great pictures.
Awww, thanks, PO!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

P.O. - My heart went out to you while reading your tale of the shower. I'm thinking by your description that the MIL is probably intimidated by your talent and obvious ability to afford this beautiful shower for your daughter. Some people never learned the lesson to be quiet in that situation. They think they are building themselves up by tearing someone else and their efforts down. Does she live in the same town you do? I take it she doesn't attend your church.

Yes, now that a grandbaby is involved, you will find that your paths will cross more often. I call people like this my "sandpaper" people. God is using them to smooth out my rough edges.

I'm sure that you were a class act and handled yourself very well!

The food looks absolutely delicious and it is obvious that your plan for decor was beautiful. Don't worry about the tablecloths - after people starting coming in and sitting down, it wasn't noticeable.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11