Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Did anyone find my keys

Re: Leave A Message For The Not So Departed Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Wow! Bambi's offspring posting really brings back memories. Good to see you here. I have missed your posts.
Good to see you see you also. Is your son still serving overseas?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
Shame since we appear to be neighbors. Hoop and I are supposed to have lunch next week, want to see if we can make it a threesome?
I'm open to the idea, as long as you fellas don't mind eating lunch with a stinky goat!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I agree with a whole lot of what you say now, it just took me a while to get there!
Yeah, I think I spent several years where I wouldn't admit to myself the conclusions I had already arrived at... and I still try to keep my feelings pretty private. I'm very careful of what I say with my real name (believe it or not. lol)
Old 01-28-2020, 07:01 PM
New User

Aww 🥰

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
If any of them are reading I do miss the departed cons and ultra cons. Despite the vast gulf in thinking there were some great discussions and friendships started. I am a better man for all of that.

Despite believing one will split the pit for wearing short sleeves and exposing those sexy elbows, which I find an amazing concept, I remember Elder Steve Epley giving young ministers excellent advise on planning for their future (IRA's or 401k's etc). Not something I would have expected from an ultra con but oh so needed.

Coonskinner is a blue jean overall wearing redneck with a degree in English who can quote classical poetry while shooting something.

I hate to start naming names because there were so many and I know I will miss a bunch so I will stop. Of course I do have to mention WWOD who really is from the NFCF days. One of the most interesting people to ever post. Nothing like sitting back and watching the bi monthly WWOD implosion as he would go on a tear which all, including himself, knew would result in being banned for some period of time.

Ok, one more name mention. Felicity, who was the sweet conflicted exUPCer gone charismatic longing to go home to the Mothership AND DID!!!! Not a story you hear very often from those who leave old time legalistic Oneness Pentecost.

For the life of me I can't remember what Bro. Holland's screen name was but he was an absolute encyclopedia of Oneness Pentecostal history. Also told some of the funniest stories I have ever read. I had the privilege of sitting with him at a conference that was a great experience.

So many more but I will stop.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:06 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
All those Cons made this forum what it is...ironically, when they left I stepped away too. I hate to say this but from what I understand it was one single member of the forum that was the straw that broke the camel's back...and it was the same reason I left.
Whoops! 😬