Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
The bible says very specifically that those that are "led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God"(Rom 8:14). It also says that this Holy Ghost will "guide you into all truth" (John 16:13). I think most of us here agree that the correct method of baptizing in water is "in the Name of Jesus Christ". This is what makes us Apostolic, and separates us from others that claim the Pentecostal experience.

So why is it that most Pentecostal trinitarian churches reject water baptism in Jesus Name? Are they refusing to be led by the Spirit into all truth. Why is it that this fundamental, foundational doctrine is not being accepted by these that have received the Spirit?

Will God accept them if they do not follow the leading of the Spirit and accept the truth of water Baptism in Jesus Name?

Most of the Trinitarian Pentecostals I have discussed this with will say they do actually involk the name of Jesus in the baptismal ceremony - and make it clear at the time of baptism, that the event is taking place because Jesus has transformed yet another life.

While they simply recite the words of Jesus at the exact moment of the baptism, they seem to leave no doubt that it is in Jesus the transforming power rests.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Most of the Trinitarian Pentecostals I have discussed this with will say they do actually involk the name of Jesus in the baptismal ceremony - and make it clear at the time of baptism, that the event is taking place because Jesus has transformed yet another life.

While they simply recite the words of Jesus at the exact moment of the baptism, they seem to leave no doubt that it is in Jesus the transforming power rests.
Have you read any of their articles of faith NONE of them expouse this and most of them would not give you license if you did. I do NOT know ONE Trinitarian preacher that baptizes in Jesus Name and I know a few folk.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Have you read any of their articles of faith NONE of them expouse this and most of them would not give you license if you did. I do NOT know ONE Trinitarian preacher that baptizes in Jesus Name and I know a few folk.
Hence ... it's law???
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Hence ... it's law???
I do NOT believe the
Assembly of Gods
Church of Gods( all the root and branches)
Foursquare
Pentecostal Church of God
Pentecostal Holiness Church
Church of God in Christ
Vineyard
Calvary Chapels
would give a preacher license if he insisted that he would baptize in Jesus Name.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This remark is from the 1960. My father John A Eckstadt, was an Assembly of God liscensed minister. My mom was also a liscenses AOG minister.

They both Went to Zion Bible College in Rhode Island AOG.

My dad received the revelation of the Oneness and was re-baptized in 1961 in New Brunswick, Canada.

My mom then was re-baptized in NB a few months later.

Upon revealing this to the general board of the AOG.

He was summoned to Head Quarters for reprimand.

After the meeting many of them told him they were baptized in Jesus name to be safe.

He went back to Bristol, Conn where a few years earlier he had converted 2 UPCI Churches from the Oneness to Trinity.

He then converted them both back and his church to Oneness.

The rest is history until he passed in 1978.

Both my Uncles Rev John Laun an older evengelist in the UPCI and my mom's brother were both former AOG ministers.

They have were bapitzed in JN.

My Mom's brother lives in Springfield, MO headquarters city of the AOG.

She recently went to visit the retirement home of retired AOG ministers.

She went to visit some old schoolmates, some retired ministers some ministers wives.

She sat next to one man, who was a student who graudated a few years before her.

He asked her what she did during all those years ago.

He was one of her teachers in the 1950's.

He remember my Dad as being a genius on the Scriptures.

After talking about the UPCI, he commented Evelyn....You would be amazed who at college and over the years still reside in the AOG, but believe in the Oneness and have been Baptized in Jesus Name.

Thought this might be interesting.

Nathan Eckstadt
Old 03-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
This remark is from the 1960. My father John A Eckstadt, was an Assembly of God liscensed minister. My mom was also a liscenses AOG minister.

My dad received the revelation of the Oneness and was re-baptized in 1961 in New Brunswick, Canada.

My mom then was re-baptized in NB a few months later.

Upon revealing this to the general board of the AOG.

He was summoned to Head Quarters for reprimand.

After the meeting many of them told him they were baptized in Jesus name to be safe.

He went back to Bristol, Conn where a few years earlier he had converted 2 UPCI Churches from the Oneness to Trinity.

He then converted them both back and his church to Oneness.

The rest is history until he passed in 1978.

Both my Uncles Rev John Laun an older evengelist in the UPCI and my mom's brother were both former AOG ministers.

They have were bapitzed in JN.

My Mom's brother lives in Springfield, MO headquarters city of the AOG.

She recently went to visit the retirement home of retired AOG ministers.

She went to visit some old schoolmates, some retired ministers some ministers wives.

She sat next to one man, who was a student who graudated a few years before her.

He asked her what she did during all those years ago.

He was one of her teachers in the 1950's.

He remember my Dad as being a genius on the Scriptures.

After talking about the UPCI, he commented Evelyn....You would be amazed who at college and over the years still reside in the AOG, but believe in the Oneness and have been Baptized in Jesus Name.

Thought this might be interesting.

Nathan Eckstadt
Have you read the AG's articles of faith. When Charisma ran that article that caused such a furor a couple of years back it was the AG huncho that said they would NOT fellowship Oneness folks unitl they denied this heresy. He had more guts than the two Oneness guys interveiwed.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post

I can tell you first hand that Zion DID NOT welcome the UPC message with open arms at all. Three Districts used to rent the Zion campus for campmeetings. They were concurrent for Central New England (then MA-RI), Connecticut, and New York Metro being there in what must be maybe 96-2000.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Communion at AFF

It is meant to be a polarizing event along with denying missionaries and officials to speak in tongues...

Truth distinguishes itself even though some try to push it into a little corner
Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 AM
The LORD will fight for you

Several years ago, I was giving a bible study to a lady I met through work who attended Lakewood Church. She saw the need to follow the plan of salvation and she became concerned about how she was baptized. She called Lakewood and she was told that they baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost in Jesus name. I guess they wanted to cover all the bases.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

People are delusional if they think these so-called Trinitarian Pentecostal groups do not care how you baptize.
I contend there is NOT one group that would license a preacher who told them they believed in the Oneness of God and they insisted on baptizing in Jesus Name.
People are so hungry to erase the line of distinction the are living in lulu land.

If they find a RARE case they shout it from the housetop but most of the time when investigated it is NOTHING like the story the preacher was either misquoted or maybe will baptize someone in Jesus Name if the convert insists.
Then they listen to hear them say ONE word that may sound a little like Oneness and go claim hey they believe in One God. The foolishness of this is astounding. It looks like after decades of this foolishness people would tire of this.