Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-29-2020, 08:34 AM
New User

Re: Sister Linda Gibson Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
oh
You didn’t see that coming?
Old 07-29-2020, 08:36 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
I'm not aware of the exact date it took place, but I do know that she saw Jesus Name while she was visiting in Georgia last month.

She attended a UPC assembly in Valdosta, where my Pastors met her, and while she was there, the pastor there did a study on Oneness and baptism in the name of Jesus. From what Sister Linda told my Pastors, she was pricked in her heart about what the pastor taught, and after discussing it with her husband, they decided that their family needed to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus.

Once she went back home (to Kentucky?), she and her family have started attending an Apostolic church there.

She had told my Pastors that she had heard Jesus Name preached many times before, but it had always been taught with a harsh spirit. This gentleman in Valdosta broke the Truth with love, and it was this that pricked Sister Linda to see the necessity of being baptized in the name of the Lord.
Yee-yeet!
Old 07-29-2020, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm not aware of the exact date it took place, but I do know that she saw Jesus Name while she was visiting in Georgia last month.

She attended a UPC assembly in Valdosta, where my Pastors met her, and while she was there, the pastor there did a study on Oneness and baptism in the name of Jesus. From what Sister Linda told my Pastors, she was pricked in her heart about what the pastor taught, and after discussing it with her husband, they decided that their family needed to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus.

Once she went back home (to Kentucky?), she and her family have started attending an Apostolic church there.

She had told my Pastors that she had heard Jesus Name preached many times before, but it had always been taught with a harsh spirit. This gentleman in Valdosta broke the Truth with love, and it was this that pricked Sister Linda to see the necessity of being baptized in the name of the Lord.
Praise God!
Old 07-29-2020, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

That's wonderful!!!! Praise God!
Old 07-29-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
You didn’t see that coming?
ehhhhh...no comment
Old 07-29-2020, 08:42 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
ehhhhh...no comment
I mean, I saw it from a mile away
Old 07-29-2020, 08:43 AM
New User

This is my favorite

https://youtu.be/5dbb7Yhp8b8
Old 07-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I mean, I saw it from a mile away
I find it comforting that I'm so predictable for you all.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:25 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Sister Linda has written many Spirit-filled songs that are quite common to many Apostolic churches.

Some of them are:
"I'm One of Them"
"Funeral Plans"
"Didn't I Walk on the Water?"
"I Call Him My Everything"
"Tear Off the Roof"

I honestly hadn't any idea that Sister Linda had written the majority of these songs. The only one I knew for certain that she had penned was "I'm One of Them", but all the others I just unfairly assumed belonged to other artists. I could have sworn that "Didn't I Walk on the Water?" was written by the Dunaways, but I was wrong.

I was privileged to meet Sister Linda back on June 10, 2020, when my Pastors invited her to be with us at our three Sunday services on our first day back (to one of our churches at least) after the Covid-19 pandemic had us all quarantined, and we decided to do some interior remodeling.

The night Sister Linda was with us at our home church turned out to be the night I proposed to my girlfriend of over a year. I remember Sister Linda crying and later commenting at how sweet she thought it was that I wanted my proposal to be special and for doing it in front of (practically) our entire church family. Naturally, my fiancee and I had to get a picture with her to remember the occasion.

Have any of you meet this dear Sister?
I've never met her, but would love to! Love to hear her sing and worship!
I'm like you, I always thought the Dunaway's wrote, "Didn't I Walk On The Water"
So thankful to know she was shown more perfectly, the Word of God.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Hopefully Sister Linda's conversion will cause quite a stir in the trinitarian movement she was a part of, and cause several others to follow suit!