Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: Why Organizations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I will never forget what one elder said I’m a meeting I attended a few years back. “I choose my based on a man’s message, lifestyle and ethics...not his fellowship card!”

Also...in the words of Elder Epley “Just because we’re friends doesn’t mean your friends are my friends. It also doesn’t mean your enemies are my enemies.” Let every man of God choose his fellowship and his church’s fellowship regardless of prayerfully and without outside interference of organizations or even fellowship circles. That is my opinion.
Sounds like something elder Morton would say. And he lives what he preaches....
Old 02-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

I just attended a funeral, didn’t know this saint too long but I’ve know his Pastor for 23+ years. So we go to the funeral service, we’re independent fellowship with 5 church’s in our fellowship. There is no presbyter, or superintendent, just fellowship, no pastor is higher than the next. Yet, I go to this funeral and there is a group of people from a UPCI church from Denver, CO and there are a couple folks from a church in Greeley, CO and there was some from a WPF church in Pueblo, CO. They say at separate tables, and didn’t talked to each other, these were not Pastors they are saints. That’s sad! Because each one of these churches used to fellowship, not no more. Pastors telling saints to cut off their family members, I know a mother who hasn’t talked to her son in 14+ years because the Pastor told him to cut it off. And this mans mom is part of a church 3 hours south of him. And the man goes to one of the church’s I mentioned above. You can name all the benefits of being part of an organization, yet it’s not Gods will in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
I believe that!
Old 02-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I always wanted to visit his church and hear him preach.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I always wanted to visit his church and hear him preach.
He is retired now so for the last several years he has preached for us at least once a year if not more. He is the kindest man you will ever meet. Loves evangelism. You should try to attend his conference in October you will love it. He is very balanced man so you will see wpf, upc, independence ect preaching his conference
Old 02-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
He is retired now so for the last several years he has preached for us at least once a year if not more. He is the kindest man you will ever meet. Loves evangelism. You should try to attend his conference in October you will love it. He is very balanced man so you will see wpf, upc, independence ect preaching his conference
What’s the conference called?
Old 02-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What’s the conference called?
West Coast Conference in Fresno CA
Old 02-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I just attended a funeral, didn’t know this saint too long but I’ve know his Pastor for 23+ years. So we go to the funeral service, we’re independent fellowship with 5 church’s in our fellowship. There is no presbyter, or superintendent, just fellowship, no pastor is higher than the next. Yet, I go to this funeral and there is a group of people from a UPCI church from Denver, CO and there are a couple folks from a church in Greeley, CO and there was some from a WPF church in Pueblo, CO. They say at separate tables, and didn’t talked to each other, these were not Pastors they are saints. That’s sad! Because each one of these churches used to fellowship, not no more. Pastors telling saints to cut off their family members, I know a mother who hasn’t talked to her son in 14+ years because the Pastor told him to cut it off. And this mans mom is part of a church 3 hours south of him. And the man goes to one of the church’s I mentioned above. You can name all the benefits of being part of an organization, yet it’s not Gods will in my opinion.
This is soooo sad. I long for the day when pastors can be saints, once again!
Old 02-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
This has 100% nothing to do with an organization. “ if “ you are correct on the reasoning for this it has to do with the pastor NOT an organization.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Will there be a time when the church can function in a fellowship and not an organization? Where a prophet will be subject to a prophet, and not to a presbyter, or district superintendent? Church’s can have fellowship one with another and not “only” with their kind. Why was the UPCI, WPF created? I submit to this thread, Do organizations cause division?
My limited understanding was that after Azuza, and in the time leading up to WWI there was a need for there to be some kind of affiliation for the sake of presenting credentials.