Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-29-2020, 11:06 AM
New User

Re: Basic orientation plus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It's easy and boring. You get a sticker for your hardhat.

You should try enduring a HAZWOPR 40 course.

You going to a refinery?
I didn’t get a sticker. I missed 5 questions... because I was trying to rush through the test. Score of a 90. It is rather easy. I don’t recall any material covers for 2-3 questions.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I didn’t get a sticker. I missed 5 questions... because I was trying to rush through the test. Score of a 90. It is rather easy. I don’t recall any material covers for 2-3 questions.
No sticker? Alas, Babylon!

Did you go to HACSC for the test? They used to give out these cool looking little green and white HACSC stickers for completing Basic. Maybe it was just for the hardhat guys? Do security wear hardhats on site?

Used to be like a contest, to see who could collect the most stickers from various sources for their hardhat. One of mine had no really visible cover, it was about completely covered with stickers from like 4 states, numerous plants, multiple units per plant, safety stickers, Basic, HAZCOM, HAZWOPER, Confined Space, Firewatch, Asbestos, tower hand, several subcontractors, various employers, etc etc etc.

EDIT: I think HACSC is now just HASC??

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-30-2020, 10:47 PM
New User

Quote:
No sticker? Alas, Babylon!

Did you go to HACSC for the test? They used to give out these cool looking little green and white HACSC stickers for completing Basic. Maybe it was just for the hardhat guys? Do security wear hardhats on site?

Used to be like a contest, to see who could collect the most stickers from various sources for their hardhat. One of mine had no really visible cover, it was about completely covered with stickers from like 4 states, numerous plants, multiple units per plant, safety stickers, Basic, HAZCOM, HAZWOPER, Confined Space, Firewatch, Asbestos, tower hand, several subcontractors, various employers, etc etc etc.

EDIT: I think HACSC is now just HASC??
HASC. They have a location down here. This wasn’t related to security. Though, a security job in a refinery may pay ok.

I did have an interview today for a security position.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
HASC. They have a location down here. This wasn’t related to security. Though, a security job in a refinery may pay ok.

I did have an interview today for a security position.
Oh, I thought you took the basic plus in order to get a security job in a refinery... Must've misread something somewhere...

You can always get a job as a utility locator: company truck, paid training, and all the stress you'd ever want (and more, even). Usually start around 14-16 an hour.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-30-2020, 11:11 PM
New User

Quote:
You can always get a job as a utility locator: company truck, paid training, and all the stress you'd ever want (and more, even). Usually start around 14-16 an hour.
Yeah, we have discussed this before. USIC hires every now and then. I did read that their training is not adequate for the job. *shugs*

The security post I interviewed for is a 2 minute drive from the church. I thought that was a good sign. I was supposed to get a call back notifying me if I got the job or not. *crickets* I’m going to reach out to the HR rep in the morning.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Yeah, we have discussed this before. USIC hires every now and then. I did read that their training is not adequate for the job. *shugs*

The security post I interviewed for is a 2 minute drive from the church. I thought that was a good sign. I was supposed to get a call back notifying me if I got the job or not. *crickets* I’m going to reach out to the HR rep in the morning.
Stake Center Locating is hiring in Houston and Lufkin right now. They pay more than USIC.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:48 PM
New User

Quote:
Stake Center Locating is hiring in Houston and Lufkin right now. They pay more than USIC.
Thanks for the info. None of those locations are possibilities at the moment.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Don’t go to USIC, I worked for them several years ago. Not what it seems, maybe just the location. It still puts a bad taste in your mouth.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Don’t go to USIC, I worked for them several years ago. Not what it seems, maybe just the location. It still puts a bad taste in your mouth.
Small world. I gave them over about a decade of my life. And I only mention them as a way to get paid driving around looking for another job.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:03 AM
New User

A whole decade.