Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Banned

Re: Senator Opposes Medicaid Expansion To Save Sou

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
1) The article heading is "Progressive Secular Humanist"
2) The video has been edited. There's no point of reference or any context.
3) It's a political ad by the man's opponent, but we're supposed to believe this is an honest, unbiased representation of what was said.
4) If one actually took 10 minutes to research the bill, one would find that it was the TN Senate Health and Welfare Committee which killed the bill. It was not voted by the full state Senate.
5) MARK GREEN IS NOT ON THAT COMMITTEE.
6) The tweet by Green's opponent is not only misleading, but completely false as Green did not get an opportunity to vote one way or the other.

In addition to that, the article Aquila posted attacks Green for being a "radical religious extremist."

If you read the article and follow at least one of the links, you find he's labeled a "radical religious extremist" because

1) He's a creationist and does not believe in evolution
2) He believes transgender is a disease

The article also has this: """But Green is a despicable and deplorable human being. In fact, his Christian extremism is so toxic that he was forced to withdraw his name from consideration after being nominated by Trump to be secretary of the Army."""

If you follow the link, you'll find the reason is (again) due to his views on creation and transgenders.

Apparently I, too, am a "despicable and deplorable human being" and am a "radical religious extremist" because I, too, believe in creation - not evolution - and I, too, believe transgender is a mental disease.

Aquila, you should be better than this. Unfortunately, you would rather believe the lie and campaign ad than search for the truth, which I found in less than 10 minutes.
I think we agree to an extent on some things you've said. My beef is that the man appears to argue against expanding Medicaid based on the idea that it interferes with people coming to saving faith. I think we can agree that such an idea is rather stupid.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:01 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
And I don't have disdain for all Republicans.
Of course not, you're all in favor of the RINOs who are just Dimmies in disguise.

Quote:
I've voted for Governor John Kasich (Republican) in two elections. And, I voted for President Bush.
So, a RINO and a globalist. Congratulations? I don't consider Trump even remotely conservative, but I'd still consider him more conservative than either Bush (or Jeb, for that matter).

Quote:
My beef is that the man appears to argue against expanding Medicaid based on the idea that it interferes with people coming to saving faith. I think we can agree that such an idea is rather stupid.
Politically, it is a stupid thing to say. It does have some merit, however. We in the US (in a general sense, not all of us) have become so dependent on government, that too many don't feel the need to rely on God. It's not dumb when you view it from that context.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ouch, that must of struck a cord. LOL

If you're not a mindless religionist, obviously you'll agree with me that there are those who mindlessly vote in accordance to what pastors tell them is right, be they liberal or conservative.

Your own pride?

Not all liberals. And I don't have disdain for all Republicans.

I've rarely voted a straight ticket. I've voted for Governor John Kasich (Republican) in two elections. And, I voted for President Bush. So, I'm not sure what you're all uppity about.
A - uppity is racist code language, which you should know.
You should know that part of my comments to you here have been somewhat TIC.
I would say that you seem to be back to painting with a broad brush again!
Old 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think we agree to an extent on some things you've said. My beef is that the man appears to argue against expanding Medicaid based on the idea that it interferes with people coming to saving faith. I think we can agree that such an idea is rather stupid.
Again, there is no context by which to judge his words in the video. And if both the tweet by Green's opponent and the article from the "Progressive Secular Humanist" is misleading and wrong ... why would you believe any of what is claimed?

I watched the video and I agree with much of what he says.

Read the transcript and state where you disagree:

"""If you go and study the Gospels, every person who came to Christ, came to Christ with a physical need. People go to God because of a physical need and they walk away with a spiritual need met. That’s the story of the Gospels."""

Good so far.

"""And so government has stepped in, at least in this country, and done all the work for the church. And so the person who’s in need — they look to the government for the answer. Not God."""

Still good and I agree. I do believe people tend to look other places for answers, instead of God.

"""And I think, in that way, government has done an injustice that’s even bigger than just the entitlement — creation of an entitlement welfare state. I think it’s even bigger. And in this setting, I’ll share the story, I think it interrupts the opportunity for people to come to a saving knowledge of who God is."""

I still somewhat agree.

It's important to note that we have no context for what's being said. The video is edited to where there is no frame of why Green is saying what he is saying.

Based on face value alone, with no context, I still agree.

Government has done an injustice in creating a welfare state.

As to it interrupting opportunity for people to know God -- go back to the beginning where the Gospels is mentioned. People who have come to Christ did so out of a need. Again, I agree.

So does government get in the way of people knowing God? I would argue it could, as much as other things also could get in the way of people knowing God.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
A - uppity is racist code language, which you should know.
You should know that part of my comments to you here have been somewhat TIC.
I would say that you seem to be back to painting with a broad brush again!
I didn't know that "uppity" was a racist remark. Let me retract that, because no racial connotation was intended. Thank you for pointing that out.

Looking back at what you've posted, I can see where some things were TIC. Sorry. lol
Old 09-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

The language being used against traditional Christian Americans is very telling. Those planning genocide always dehumanize the victims, first. Considering these are militant left wing communists, who have a neat track record of stacking bodies like cordwood, I'd say their trajectory is blatantly obvious. And considering they are pulling out all the stops, across the board, daily and incessantly, again the obvious is, well, obvious.

But, good luck with that.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-17-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The language being used against traditional Christian Americans is very telling. Those planning genocide always dehumanize the victims, first. Considering these are militant left wing communists, who have a neat track record of stacking bodies like cordwood, I'd say their trajectory is blatantly obvious. And considering they are pulling out all the stops, across the board, daily and incessantly, again the obvious is, well, obvious.

But, good luck with that.
And conservative radio, television, and pastors dehumanize liberals all the time. Does that mean conservatives are planning a genocide? Let's be real.

The genocidal maniacs are the Islamic fundamentalists. But the liberals are too bleeding hearted to see it in my opinion.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
And conservative radio, television, and pastors dehumanize liberals all the time. Does that mean conservatives are planning a genocide? Let's be real.

The genocidal maniacs are the Islamic fundamentalists. But the liberals are too bleeding hearted to see it in my opinion.
At last!
Some good sense from you!
Old 09-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
At last!
Some good sense from you!
Thank you. If there is any group of people I wouldn't trust one iota it is the Muslims. Sure, liberals and conservatives argue over policies and how to address certain issues. But the Muslims are out to destroy both liberal and conservative, and behead anyone who will not bow to Islam.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

The genocidal Muslims can't get over here unless uncle sam imports them.

The libtard rhetoric is nothing like "conservative" counter rhetoric. Only libtards and conservatards can't see it.

Doesn't matter, the time for discussion in this country ended long ago, which is something normies can't seem to grasp. But that's irrelevant, because normies follow power, not logic or ideals.

Final curtain call, coming soon. Hope you bought some Cheesy Rice, you're gonna need it.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf