Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: The "tithe" rears its ugly head yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

LOL

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:01 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: The "tithe" rears its ugly head yet again

So sorry someone would treat you this way....

I pay tithes....In fact I cannot ever remember missing paying my tithes however to be unkind to someone is NOT my cup of tea.

I am an old missionary...Everything I have was given to me by God's people...and am deeply thankful. A USA pastor built (gave us the money) to build a nice home...and I am very grateful....However I must never forget those that have no home...no bed not even a blanket....
I sit down to a table to eat a plate of food every day that I want to however there are millions that have no table...no plate of food....I must not forget that fact... Over half the world goes to bed hungry every night.

People come to our church that are hungry and needy...As a steward I must teach them how to do with what they have to do with....

I am a firm believer that you cannot outgive God but at the same time there must be balance and wisdom. I talk to the ladies of my church how to stretch things...how to make soap...how to not fix a whole pound of meat but mix something with the meat...veggies for example....plant a garden...and on and on...

I kinda think we who minister should help our people just as God has helped us....

Am not placing a crown on my head...but Sunday night the Lord impressed me to buy 2 shirts for two church young men that are having a hard time. No use in preaching tithes and living like a king and have your people begging for bread....( well that is what I think) The first church shared...so says the Bible....and history confirms that fact...

Just last week I mentioned to one of our church sisters that I would like to have the money to build a few rooms across the street for those that fall on hard times and have no where to go...

Today my husband took a group out to ask for veggies and whatever to help my group make soup. Right at this moment my daughter Becky and daughter in law is in the kitchen bagging up lettuce and a few things to take to the ghetto people. (We were blessed with a lot of lettuce so it is our duty to share)

A little lettuce salad and a scoop of rice sure makes the difference among the people we work with.

I never drink a coke without leaving some in the bottle for I know most every day a couple little boys knock on my window and say, Grandma did you save us a drink of coke....(not really my grandkids by birth but little village boys)

We must share...we cannot eat our bread alone....

There is a little bread store almost in front of my house. The owner is a devil worshipper....but I always buy bread for the hungry there...last month he gave me over 400 little "breads" for me to give out! If someone that does not even know our Jesus is inspired by our giving how much more should we be inspired to help others because we KNOW what the Bible says...

A little church brother showed up last evening with shome throat spray...This is for you missionary....I noticed Sunday night you were straining to talk. this morning a church sister showed up and said Come to cut your nails missionary....Oh how blessed I am...

I cannot imagine a man of God insisting someone give if they do not have to give....that is so sad....so sad...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear