Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Re: Black lives matter racists caught

In at least two of the incidents where physical violence were performed by Trump supporters who actually named Trump as part of the source of their motivation, the people were not directly related to the Trump campaign. They were only Trump supporters.

I am glad these juveniles were caught and I hope they are prosecuted for every charge possible to include hate crimes. However, they have taken the stand of BLM out of context in their actions.

I wish the actual BLM leadership would publically denounce this racist violence.

However, they won't.

Neither will Trump.

Two wrongs don't make it right. It's just the reality of what is happening in our country right now.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 02-24-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
fmc - I do not know if I fully understand what you mean by original racism versus the reaction to racism.
If your reaction to racism is to be violent against innocent people how does that lessen the offense?
What was happening before the formation of the BLM?

There wouldn't be a BLM IF there had not been such a rash of high-profile killings of unarmed black people by law enforcement officers, in curious and suspicious circumstances, all across the country.

As a Christian, hate doesn't justify hate.
As a human being, hate doesn't overcome hate.

However, FMC is right in that we are seeing a hateful response to hate-- but no one is right in this circle. They are all wrong-- the haters and the hated who become haters.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionn mac Cumh View Post
This is despicable. That being said, do you get mad and start a thread every time a racist white person does something racist? I bet not. Otherwise these boards would need a sub forum.
Bwhahaha you obviously don't know JD ,he always posts about white racists but very rarely black ,someone must have hacked his account ,and you need to learn who the posters are before you spout off bub !
Old 02-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
What was happening before the formation of the BLM?

There wouldn't be a BLM IF there had not been such a rash of high-profile killings of unarmed black people by law enforcement officers, in curious and suspicious circumstances, all across the country.

As a Christian, hate doesn't justify hate.
As a human being, hate doesn't overcome hate.

However, FMC is right in that we are seeing a hateful response to hate-- but no one is right in this circle. They are all wrong-- the haters and the hated who become haters.
Agree with most of the above.
However, I would say that I have not seen any stats that show that a black person is more likely to be killed by LEO's than a white person.
When I say stats, I mean statistically significant statistics.
This would be a difficult study to do, but it could be accomplished.
Some of the factors involved would be number of deaths vs. number of arrests/detentions; type of activity; was person implicated in violence before being killed; did subject resist arrest; and I am sure several more that I can't think of at the moment.
Every study that I have seen alluding to this statistic has had several flaws in their methodology.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Bwhahaha you obviously don't know JD ,he always posts about white racists but very rarely black ,someone must have hacked his account ,and you need to learn who the posters are before you spout off bub !
Whatever.

Very rare that you hear about black people doing crimes that are actually racially motivated.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

From 4/21/2015

""An analysis released last week shows that more white people died at the hands of law enforcement than those of any other race in the last two years, even as the Justice Department, social-justice groups and media coverage focus on black victims of police force.

Meanwhile, the deaths of whites at the hands of law enforcement typically receive less attention, even when the case is shrouded in controversy. For example, Gilbert Collar, an 18-year-old white student at the University of South Alabama, was shot and killed while naked, unarmed and under the influence of drugs by a black police officer.

The officer, Trevis Austin, was cleared of wrongdoing in 2013 by a Mobile County grand jury in a case that received little media coverage outside Alabama. Mr. Collar's parents filed a federal lawsuit last year against the officer.""

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ty-d/?page=all

People killed by police from 5/2013 to 4/2015:
49% white
30% black
19% hispanic
2% asian
Old 02-24-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Whatever.

Very rare that you hear about black people doing crimes that are actually racially motivated.
Not anymore, JD. It's becoming almost a weekly occurrence.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Not anymore, JD. It's becoming almost a weekly occurrence.
If that is true, there is NEVER a justification for it.

However, I'd like to see proof that there is at least some semblance of truth to your assertion.

Nothing personal, but crime and race-based crime are not one in the same.

In this case, I would be very shocked if the perpetrators are not charged with a hate crime of some sort-- unless there just isn't a hate-crime classification for juvenile offenses, if they are charged as juveniles.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Nope. People like Sharpton, Jackson and blm are reason things won't get better.
Well there you go. Problem fixed.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Whatever.

Snicker