Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
twig, twigged

Old 01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Re: Apostolic News: AFF has been HIJACKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I disagree that there is any "filth" on the AFF; however, I agree that this is not a child-friendly site. My children can participate in forums like this when they are adults and not a moment before, if I have any say in it.

Most discussion forums cover topics that are not child-friendly. For one thing, children are still developing ideas and belief systems, and that should be parent-directed--not "stranger-on-the-internet-directed." Once we have raised our children to the best of our ability and they are well settled in the fundamentals, they can discuss things with their peers and elders to their hearts' content. Beyond that, there are discussions with themes that are purely adult in nature.

So, I agree with them that this is not a child-safe site. It isn't intended to be.
What kind of kids would actually hang out in an AFF forum!!!??? haha.

MB, your children are open to ideas everyday that are "stranger-directed." Classrooms, locker rooms, friend's houses, people they meet, books they read, shows they watch, etc... If there is a discipling relationship, they will want to talk about the questions and things with you, which gives you an even better advantage of helping to disciple them through complex issues.

I don't consider a 15 or 16-year a "child" anymore. They are prime-time at the age of inquiry, reasoning, etc.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned

Is Luke2447 the editor-in-chief?????

hehehehehe
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

It's too back Michael Roach merged the Apostolic Report with these guys ... they did a better job with objectivity.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Banned

The elders must put on the costumes again or the young people will wish to venture out, beyond the village into the world of the "outsiders." We must be in control, keep them safe, uncontaminated from "filth" and keep them at all costs... even if that includes fear

Ivy Walker
"I once was blind, but now I see..."
Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
It's too back Michael Roach merged the Apostolic Report with these guys ... they did a better job with objectivity.
MUCH better job. And they were good and able writers as well. I never see anything from Michael Roach and his crew. Do they still contribute?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

In my opinion, this is not an "apostolic" forum in the meaning that the UPCI, WPF, or ALJC traditionally impart to the word.
But, that is just my opinion, grafted onto their meaning.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
In my opinion, this is not an "apostolic" forum in the meaning that the UPCI, WPF, or ALJC traditionally impart to the word.
But, that is just my opinion, grafted onto their meaning.
I would agree, though represented are many UPCI, ALJC perspectives.

I am not Apostolic in the sense of the UPCI either. I am Apostolic in the sense of how I live out the Mission of God --- the Apostle's teachings (which were reflective of their rabbi, Jesus the Christ -- so, soaking in the Gospels is VERY Apostolic), the advancement of the Kingdom, restoration of gifts to the Church, etc.

But in the most primary sense, I am a Follower of the Way, a disciple of Jesus, a believer...
Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
A Student of the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
I am not Apostolic in the sense of the UPCI either. I am Apostolic in the sense of how I live out the Mission of God --- the Apostle's teachings (which were reflective of their rabbi, Jesus the Christ -- so, soaking in the Gospels is VERY Apostolic), the advancement of the Kingdom, restoration of gifts to the Church, etc.

But in the most primary sense, I am a Follower of the Way, a disciple of Jesus, a believer...
Very nicely said.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Apostolic Forums Hijacked by Trinitarians and Disgruntled Backsliders
Posted by Paul Baumeister

While there are some true apostolic members that join these forums and even participate in them, the vast majority of members of some of these forums include disgruntled backsliders and no doubt some trinitarians. I am very concerned for our children that surf these forum sites and become entangled with so much of this filth. I hesitate to name some of these forums, for the sake of giving them more publicity, so I will not.

Pastors and parents need to know which sites are safe and which sites are not. Here at Apostolic News we endorse only one site that we know does a lot of monitoring of discussions where your children can be safe from this type of filth. Everyone’s Apostolic is a great site for all. We do not claim that all other forum sites are unsafe, but pastors and parents need to view what sites their parishioners and kids are visiting. What sites are your kids visiting today?
What?

That didn't seem like objective journalism to you guys?

I thought all Oneness people agreed that being exposed to Trinitarianism was bad.
Oh and shouldn't pastors know where "their parishioners" are surfing.

Reminds me of a Joseph Stalin quote: "Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?"
Old 01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
What?

That didn't seem like objective journalism to you guys?

I thought all Oneness people agreed that being exposed to Trinitarianism was bad.
Oh and shouldn't pastors know where "their parishioners" are surfing.

Reminds me of a Joseph Stalin quote: "Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?"
It's so easy. Just call them bitter backsliders, and use emotional trigger words like "trinitarians" and people turn off their heads... or do they???