Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

Re: Churches without websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD/JPY View Post
Frustrating that in this day and age a church won't have a website... or least one easily found by googling, searching the name, etc.

I'm traveling, and trying to find an "interesting" church to attend... alternative apostolic comes to mind... but in the process, realized how many apostolic/pentecostal churches don't seem to have even a basic website.

Hats off to all the others who do!
Alternative Apostolic? That sounds interesting. What do you mean by it?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

The Church that I go to has a website.

http://www.hamiltondreamcenter.org/
Old 02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Alternative Apostolic? That sounds interesting. What do you mean by it?
I'd like to know as well........Please note the horse and buggy
Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 PM
LuvinJesus

Most of our larger churches in our "small" town have have websites.. I would love for our church to have one... So many possibilities.... Spread the word via the internet... God is soooooooooooooo good!!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

Ok, found a church... totally fluke, if you believe in that. Just happened to be near where I stopped for the night, and had two morning services. I took the 8:30 am one.

First, I was shocked to walk in and feel the presence of God during the worship. I confess to being scripted in what to expect at those "other churches." I felt confused, wasn't sure how to proceed... thought it was maybe just me reaching out to God, but realized I was being fairly biased, and a little arrogant... and figured I should just enjoy the service.

Then, the very tight band played an unexpected old song about "The blood of Jesus" and I couldn't stop the tears coming down my face.

But that was nothing compared to the preaching. I had no idea who was the fellow preaching until after the service was over. I assumed he was the pastor of the church, because several hundred people seemed happy to see him.

When he spoke it was as if he thought that every person he was speaking with was to be a fellow minister or leadership (note to self - learn from this - treat people as what you believe they can be). But the heartbeat of his message totally spoke to me, is was if GOD himself had personally set it all up, and it wasn't random folks... it was God speaking to me on a Sunday, when a personal event was happening in my life, that will never be repeated. God spoke to me...

I write this now, and can only give honor to Jesus for his love and compassion and mercy... knowing exactly how to humble us to receive what it is God really wants to give/show us!!

It was pretty amazing, and I am extremely grateful.

<thanks for listening to my testimony>
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Ok, found a church... totally fluke, if you believe in that. Just happened to be near where I stopped for the night, and had two morning services. I took the 8:30 am one.

First, I was shocked to walk in and feel the presence of God during the worship. I confess to being scripted in what to expect at those "other churches." I felt confused, wasn't sure how to proceed... thought it was maybe just me reaching out to God, but realized I was being fairly biased, and a little arrogant... and figured I should just enjoy the service.

Then, the very tight band played an unexpected old song about "The blood of Jesus" and I couldn't stop the tears coming down my face.

But that was nothing compared to the preaching. I had no idea who was the fellow preaching until after the service was over. I assumed he was the pastor of the church, because several hundred people seemed happy to see him.

When he spoke it was as if he thought that every person he was speaking with was to be a fellow minister or leadership (note to self - learn from this - treat people as what you believe they can be). But the heartbeat of his message totally spoke to me, is was if GOD himself had personally set it all up, and it wasn't random folks... it was God speaking to me on a Sunday, when a personal event was happening in my life, that will never be repeated. God spoke to me...

I write this now, and can only give honor to Jesus for his love and compassion and mercy... knowing exactly how to humble us to receive what it is God really wants to give/show us!!

It was pretty amazing, and I am extremely grateful.

<thanks for listening to my testimony>
Sounds like you found a place where you felt "welcome"
and sort like you were "coming home" to "family"

That's missing in some churches.
Some places you feel like an unwelcome intruder
or a stranger at a family reunion.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM
The Reformed Charismatic

Quote:
Frustrating that in this day and age a church won't have a website... or least one easily found by googling, searching the name, etc.

I'm traveling, and trying to find an "interesting" church to attend... alternative apostolic comes to mind... but in the process, realized how many apostolic/pentecostal churches don't seem to have even a basic website.

Hats off to all the others who do!

The company I work for (a small business) just purchased a Clover website. I was the one who prepared the new site for launch, and I think the website builder is awesome and extremely easy to set up and customize.

I've stumbled across several churches (some Apostolic...broadly speaking ) with a Clover website; for example, Mark Johnston's church in Delaware: http://www.yourjourney.tv/

The only downside is that once you buy a template, you have to pay $200 to switch template designs. But the good thing is that you can demo templates before purchasing.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I'd post where I am, but when I show up on my horse and buggy... everyone would know who I was.
Obviously you won't be getting too far, fast

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.