Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Christ Follower

Re: Matt Chandler, Jesus Wants the Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
You should reread the posts. No one is arguing.

I don't think I need to re-read anything. As an AFF veteran, I think you know how easily this will/can turn into an argument over Calvinism and analyzing the HECK out of this minister. If this thread develops at all, it'll get there. I'll betcha 5 dollars!

Someone's already talking about judging and seemingly missing the entire point of the video. And without any provocation, someone....and I believe that would be you....brought into the discussion that the minister is a Calvinist, which has nothing to do with the video.
Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! HE IS THE ONE who has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? Will Christ Jesus? No, for HE IS THE ONE who died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us. (Romans 8:33-34)

"The greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Christianity". –Erwin McManus
Old 09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

How simple it is! Great message! THE message.

How has the Gospel gotten so convoluted?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Christ Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post

Isn't that the truth!!! It's ALL very simple!
Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! HE IS THE ONE who has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? Will Christ Jesus? No, for HE IS THE ONE who died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us. (Romans 8:33-34)

"The greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Christianity". –Erwin McManus
Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post

Exactly!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreligious View Post
I don't think I need to re-read anything. As an AFF veteran, I think you know how easily this will/can turn into an argument over Calvinism and analyzing the HECK out of this minister. If this thread develops at all, it'll get there. I'll betcha 5 dollars!

Someone's already talking about judging and seemingly missing the entire point of the video. And without any provocation, someone....and I believe that would be you....brought into the discussion that the minister is a Calvinist, which has nothing to do with the video.
My judgement is that the TULIP leads to fatalism. My judgement of this minister's message is something totally different. There's is nothing wrong with analyzing and judging this minister's message and comparing it to the word of God.

Now if I was to go on about his mannerisms, or his clothing, or his voice, or if I were to even ascribe ulterior motives to his message, then you would might be able to accuse me of something.

I liked his message and thought Chandlers' JUDGEMENT of the minister he was JUDGING was correct!!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear

Last edited by mizpeh; 09-02-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
My judgement is that the TULIP leads to fatalism. My judgement of this minister's message is something totally different. There's is nothing wrong with analyzing and judging this minister's message and comparing it to the word of God.

Now if I was to go on about his mannerisms, or his clothing, or his voice, or if I were to even ascribe ulterior motives to his message, then you would might be able to accuse me of something.

I liked his message and thought Chandlers' JUDGEMENT of the minister he was JUDGING was correct!!
TULIP is trying to understand what happens in God's work in our salvation.

Do you not believe in total depravity?

Not trying to turn this into a Calvinism thread but which of the five points do you disagree with. Maybe some teachers have made it sound fatalistic but if putting all your faith and trust in God sounds fatalistic then how do we get around that.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
TULIP is trying to understand what happens in God's work in our salvation.

Do you not believe in total depravity?

Not trying to turn this into a Calvinism thread but which of the five points do you disagree with. Maybe some teachers have made it sound fatalistic but if putting all your faith and trust in God sounds fatalistic then how do we get around that.
You might want to start another thread.

To begin with I disagree with the doctrine of Original Sin. TULIP hinges on the veracity of the doctrine of Original Sin.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 09-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You might want to start another thread.

To begin with I disagree with the doctrine of Original Sin. TULIP hinges on the veracity of the doctrine of Original Sin.
So you don't believe we are all born as sinners? What is the point of grace, salvation, the cross or any of it?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
So you don't believe we are all born as sinners? What is the point of grace, salvation, the cross or any of it?
We all sin but we aren't born guilty of Adam's sin. Infant baptism was required at one time because of the doctrine of original sin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/con...sion7/HS7d.wmv

Last edited by mizpeh; 09-02-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We all sin but we aren't born guilty of Adam's sin. Infant baptism was required at one time because of the doctrine of original sin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin
Well, I think you are dealing with semantics here.

The bible is very clear that we are born sinners and that is the basis of total depravity.

You can't just throw out good doctrine because you don't like the way something is worded. We are guilty and we are born in sin. If we aren't then theoretically we could save ourselves.