Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-30-2024, 02:16 PM
New User

Re: Hey Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Wow! Thank God you are safe
Where were you and what did you hear and see?
Im not exactly sure the path that the tornado took. It is estimated to have been 1.7 miles wide. My apartment is 0.2 miles from where a lot of damage occurred.

Also, My apartment is on the 2nd floor. I drug my mattress into the bathroom and used it as a cover. This happened so fast. I heard the sound of wind and noise on the roof. Then the lights went out. Then it was completely quiet.

I went outside to see the damage. There were many trees uprooted on the property. Many broken tree branches. There was white foam, plywood, and shingles scattered all over the parking lot.

I wonder if the apartments behind me (same building as mine) got like a vortex going through because there are buildings (other properties) just feet away. My side of the building faces the large open parking lot.

I was without power for 2 1/2 days. We’re still without gas- there was a gas leak at my building. I had cell service but no real way to charge my phone.

I charged my phone sparingly by connecting it to car. I did drain my car battery as I was not able to actually start it- there was a belt missing. (Mechanic removed just hours before the storm hit)
Mobile data was non existent. Nothing would post or load. I kept in touch with my sister- MMS did work. I would update hers few times a day.
“Didn’t sleep good without the AC. I’m bored.”

“I’m hungry. I don’t have canned goods. Everything in my refrigerator went bad. I barely worked 3 days last week. Im blowing my $ on DoorDash.”

“The other side of the complex has lights.We don’t. Wow!”

The last day and a half I would sit outside on a folding chair. It was a lot cooler than inside the apartment.

The mechanic came by yesterday evening to replace a faulty part. As he was telling me that I could drive the car, but to monitor it for overheating- the lights on my building turned on.

I have yet to see what the community looks like. I’m going to take a drive in a few minutes to see if the car is going to overheat or not.

I will report back on what I see.
Old 05-30-2024, 02:21 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Tornado is super bad. I believe it's way worse than a hurricane. Worse than a hurricane is a hurricane with tornados. I hope you got out with everything intact. Keeping you always in our prayers.
I’m good. Details in reply to Amanah.

I agree on tornados being worse than hurricanes. While Harvey did a lot of damage to the city of Houston in 2017, the worse thing for me was being stuck home all day-every day with family. But, we didn’t get any damage to the house. The highest the water got was to the top of the curb. We didn’t lose power. It just rained. Every day for a week.
Old 05-30-2024, 03:14 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Im not exactly sure the path that the tornado took. It is estimated to have been 1.7 miles wide. My apartment is 0.2 miles from where a lot of damage occurred.

Also, My apartment is on the 2nd floor. I drug my mattress into the bathroom and used it as a cover. This happened so fast. I heard the sound of wind and noise on the roof. Then the lights went out. Then it was completely quiet.

I went outside to see the damage. There were many trees uprooted on the property. Many broken tree branches. There was white foam, plywood, and shingles scattered all over the parking lot.

I wonder if the apartments behind me (same building as mine) got like a vortex going through because there are buildings (other properties) just feet away. My side of the building faces the large open parking lot.

I was without power for 2 1/2 days. We’re still without gas- there was a gas leak at my building. I had cell service but no real way to charge my phone.

I charged my phone sparingly by connecting it to car. I did drain my car battery as I was not able to actually start it- there was a belt missing. (Mechanic removed just hours before the storm hit)
Mobile data was non existent. Nothing would post or load. I kept in touch with my sister- MMS did work. I would update hers few times a day.
“Didn’t sleep good without the AC. I’m bored.”

“I’m hungry. I don’t have canned goods. Everything in my refrigerator went bad. I barely worked 3 days last week. Im blowing my $ on DoorDash.”

“The other side of the complex has lights.We don’t. Wow!”

The last day and a half I would sit outside on a folding chair. It was a lot cooler than inside the apartment.

The mechanic came by yesterday evening to replace a faulty part. As he was telling me that I could drive the car, but to monitor it for overheating- the lights on my building turned on.

I have yet to see what the community looks like. I’m going to take a drive in a few minutes to see if the car is going to overheat or not.

I will report back on what I see.
Surreal. Like waking up on another planet.
Old 05-30-2024, 06:27 PM
New User

Lots of trees down. Some businesses destroyed. I only saw 2 houses that had trees on top of them.

The national guard is here directing traffic.

When I got home the American Red Cross drove up. They were handing out free meals.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:43 PM
of 9!! :)

Prayers for all who was affected by these tornados!
Old 05-31-2024, 07:59 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I’m good. Details in reply to Amanah.

I agree on tornados being worse than hurricanes. While Harvey did a lot of damage to the city of Houston in 2017, the worse thing for me was being stuck home all day-every day with family. But, we didn’t get any damage to the house. The highest the water got was to the top of the curb. We didn’t lose power. It just rained. Every day for a week.
Keeping you in prayers my brother.
Old 05-31-2024, 11:40 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Keeping you in prayers my brother.
I appreciate that.
Old 06-03-2024, 04:33 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Lots of trees down. Some businesses destroyed. I only saw 2 houses that had trees on top of them.

The national guard is here directing traffic.

When I got home the American Red Cross drove up. They were handing out free meals.
Glad you are safe

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-04-2024, 01:18 PM
New User

As you can see from the house icon, my apartment got the side of the tornado.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1596.jpg (9.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-04-2024, 01:19 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Glad you are safe
Thanks