Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Are Fat People Going to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
We we see sick people seek healings and some of the diseases come from bad health and diet decisions.
This is true. But we can't answer the question that Charnock posted.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandie View Post
There are medical conditions that impede weight loss.
There are medications that cause weight gain.

I think there's a difference between gluttony and being over weight.

God knows the heart and the full situation. It's not for us to judge, imo.
Welcome to the aught 10's
I see many obsessive compulsive disorders the other direction also. Exercise fanatics.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Hypo-thyroidism causes weight gain and just try taking the weight off without the proper medications.
And just try getting the proper medications...that's another story.

Let's not even bring up what happens to women with their hormones and weight gain and the difficulty trying to take that weight off.

This is a bigger issue then just gluttony and if we don't know the whole situation behind why someone is over-weight we're not in a position to judge, imo.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
This is true. But we can't answer the question that Charnock posted.
When I picture gluttony, I see the greeks that ate for hours and hours. They laid down and while leaning on an elbow, did this for long term feasts.

ADEPHAGIA was the goddess of eatings one full or gluttony who possessed a temple in one of the Greek colonies on Sicily. Self indulgence and excess. Both self indulgence and excess while refering sometimes to food also apply to many other behaviors.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandie View Post
Hypo-thyroidism causes weight gain and just try taking the weight off without the proper medications.
And just try getting the proper medications...that's another story.

Let's not even bring up what happens to women with their hormones and weight gain and the difficulty trying to take that weight off.

This is a bigger issue then just gluttony and if we don't know the whole situation behind why someone is over-weight we're not in a position to judge, imo.
When my daughter was 2, my wife tried on a fur coat. She asked me how it loooked. I made the dangerous mistake of saying it made her look "puffy" Since my wife wore a mink, the clerk thought the 2 year old was her grand daughter. How come I got in trouble for being honest and the clerk didn't?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

just the ones who are unrepentant sinners
Old 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Of course fat people are going to hell. They are all lazy inconsiderate slobs that don't care about themselves or anything else. Oh and their fatness and laziness is driving this country into the dirt.

(I hope the sarcasm is detected).
Old 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

This issue has become Pentecostals thorn in the side. For years we have condemned other people for abusing their Temple, but now we have become FAT. Obesity is rampant in our movement and the World is asking; "How can you tell me to stop smoking when you have every known health disorder known to man because you EAT anything and EVERYTHING!"

This happens to every Religion that grinds down the unmerciful road of visual Holiness.

It’s ridiculous to think that people will burn in Hell for being fat, and it’s also ridiculous to think that someone who uses nicotine will burn in Hell.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
This issue has become Pentecostals thorn in the side. For years we have condemned other people for abusing their Temple, but now we have become FAT. Obesity is rampant in our movement and the World is asking; "How can you tell me to stop smoking when you have every known health disorder known to man because you EAT anything and EVERYTHING!"

This happens to every Religion that grinds down the unmerciful road of visual Holiness.

It’s ridiculous to think that people will burn in Hell for being fat, and it’s also ridiculous to think that someone who uses nicotine will burn in Hell.
I know some baptists with some very large butts.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I know some baptists with some very large butts.
Yes, but how many skinny ones do you know? :P