Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Banned

Re: They have no shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
I agree, that is why I teach people to only give the tithe and an offering according to their heart. That is it and no more. I have never been a begging preacher and I certainly do not appreciate those begging preachers.

Any preacher who keeps on asking for more besides these two things is not a man of god in my book, but a mercenary, a thief, a robber, a crook, a criminal and so on and on.

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever ask any Christian go into debt with their credit cards or to take out a loan nor pull any other greedy stunt on them.

Now we are getting some where...Next thing to do is drop tithing from your vocabulary when taking the offering, then you will have one less false doctrine to be judged for.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I agree, that is why I teach people to only give the tithe and an offering according to their heart. That is it and no more. I have never been a begging preacher and I certainly do not appreciate those begging preachers.

Any preacher who keeps on asking for more besides these two things is not a man of god in my book, but a mercenary, a thief, a robber, a crook, a criminal and so on and on.

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever ask any Christian go into debt with their credit cards or to take out a loan nor pull any other greedy stunt on them.
Bravo!!!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Bravo!!!
Thank you brother.

I have seen some of your sermons and I can tell that you spent your time digging into the word of God.

Those that preach the gospel have a right to live of the gospel, you have every right to teach the tithe and offerings. Do not let anyone bully you, shame you or tell you otherwise.

I have preached only the tithe and offerings because that is all that is ordained in the scriptures, all the other gimmicks that some ministries use to get more of their sheep are not biblical.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you brother.

I have seen some of your sermons and I can tell that you spent your time digging into the word of God.

Those that preach the gospel have a right to live of the gospel, you have every right to teach the tithe and offerings. Do not let anyone bully you, shame you or tell you otherwise.

I have preached only the tithe and offerings because that is all that is ordained in the scriptures, all the other gimmicks that some ministries use to get more of their sheep are not biblical.
Amen. I've seen God bless too many people who tithe and more, for me to ever believe it is wrong to tithe.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-19-2015, 08:03 PM

Some very close friends of ours, husband and wife both work, one teenage kid, tight budget very little eating out etc, faithful tithers for decades, almost lost their house($55-60K), (got to keep their house by help from a non tither), he works in a town 70 miles away having to stay there every week while home on weekends, she takes him there after Sunday am church weekly. They have one vehicle, the tranny went out on the truck he gave $575 for, so one vehicle. She works in town daily. They are not idiots, spending haphazardly either. Consistantly paying tithes plus any offerings they might muster up...sheaves for Christ or whatever.

Anyway, God blesses givers, period. As far as tithing, There are tons of stories to fit either, no tithers blessed & tithers blessed. So to argue for either is nonsense IMO, God blesses giving from the heart. Giving as God convicts and purposes in our hearts, not out of necessity, but also in attempt of being a good steward of what is His to begin with. Not just a tenth.

Not looking to scrap w anyone, just making one post.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 09-19-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

Right.. If tithes are given in faith then the one is blessed. More or less, according to your faith give. Not according to a law. According to faith.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:42 PM
NW Acts 2:38 Son

Quote:
Matthew 17:24-27
4 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Luke 20:21-25

21 And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly:

22 Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no?

23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

24 Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.

25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.
I understand that these arent tithing scriptures. But i do believe in this principle.

We are aware that everything the lord taught fulfilled the spiritual principal unless otherwise stated.

In this example he left no room but to understand, just like it is right to pay taxes it is also right to give to God what is His, as Jesus was holding a coin.

It would have been enough for him to just say who's picture is on the coin and to give to cesar what is cesars, but he didnt stop there.

I believe that he was showing us that it is right to pay taxes and it is also right to give back to God the portion that isnt ours.

And they did, and we do also understand, that all the way back to the sacrifices outside of the garden, God has always required our first fruits.

Last edited by J.A. Perez; 09-19-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

There is nothing wrong with committing ten percent of your wages to the advancement of the kingdom (actually ALL our posessions should be used one way or another to advance the kingdom).

The ONLY problems are 1) THAT is not biblical tithing, and 2) when people get the idea they are gonna be blessed with money because they put money in the collection plate. God doesn't go into debt to anyone...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

There have been times when I didn't pay my tithes. I didn't feel good about it and once I got out of the habit of giving, I became stingier and I actually started to see a shrinkage in my resources and increase in my needs.

Overtime stopped.
The need for more money increased. I had more, but I needed even more. This struggle went on for a long while.

Then one day, a few days before my pay day, I decided that I was going to pay my tithes that weekend off of my coming paycheck. It honestly was a hard decision, but I had faith that the Lord was going to do for me what I was going to be unable to do for myself.

You know what, I was right.

The Lord stepped in.

The immediate two weeks after I paid my tithes were difficult, but I had faith in the faithfulness of God.

The following paycheck, I paid my tithes and the looming financial crisis that was on my horizon was diverted. Some of the things that I thought I would have to spend money on never materialized. I had enough for the most pressing needs and was able to get by without addressing the other needs. The next paycheck, I paid my tithes and I found myself sitting a little better financially and the electric bill was lower than I expected it to be and there were other things that just worked out.

One thing I know for sure, God had His Hand in it and He brought me through.

I don't remember every detail, but I remember when I started to pay my tithes again and how the Lord delivered me over and over again.

If I am ever a husband and I have children, the two things I will teach my children is to be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and to pay their tithes.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 09-19-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

There was another time where after I had been paying my tithes for awhile, I got to a point where I was in a financial bind, needing to travel for a family emergency, but literally not having enough for the trip. There was something else that went wrong too.

I honestly didn't have enough money and it really looked like that logically, I shouldn't pay my tithes for maybe one or two paychecks.

However I paid my tithes anyway.

The trip I had to make, the LORD took care of it.

The other issue, the LORD took care of that.

I had more than enough to get by and I give God all the praise for it!

I REMEMBER what the Lord did for me in those days.

I wish that every Christian was a tithe payer. Even if tithing isn't MANDATORY in the New Testament, God blesses the giver. I have seen it with my own eyes. God will make a way when there doesn't seem to be a way.