Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Re: SEU (Southern Eastern University) updates

So the question is: Why would Lee Stoneking go through the trouble of obtaining a Ph.D from this joke of a university?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
ABsolutely right.

Even better, those that have Doctorates or some credential from SOME school, most often are not specific or concentrated in Christian Theology, Exegetical Teaching, Divinity, etc... It's usually either in the broad field of "religion" or "education," etc

PhD in chem engineering? Not sure the scope of this degree or how his degree makes his an expert in the matter. However, any educated man can surely have an opinion about Young Earth, New Earth Creationism, etc.
I looked at the faculty of ABI (LS's undergrad school) the other day. Most had Bachelor's degrees from ABI itself, and in some cases from other institutions as well. I think there were two doctorates: one in entomology and one in chemical engineering. Oh, whattya know: it would appear to be the same doc that Pel mentioned. Dr. Arlo Moehlenpah. He has a BS and an MS in chem eng., as well as a Th.B. in Apostolic Studies from ABI.

Anyway. Just sayin'.

(Edit: corrected the initials above. Although, the original typo (SE) may have been correct, too. Dunno. )
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by Timmy; 07-02-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: corrected LS's initials.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I looked at the faculty of ABI (SE's undergrad school) the other day. Most had Bachelor's degrees from ABI itself, and in some cases from other institutions as well. I think there were two doctorates: one in entomology and one in chemical engineering. Oh, whattya know: it would appear to be the same doc that Pel mentioned. Dr. Arlo Moehlenpah. He has a BS and an BS in chem eng., as well as a Th.B. in Apostolic Studies from ABI.

Anyway. Just sayin'.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Cross-examine it!

The latest email and my response. why do I feel like I am talking to someone in Nigeria?

The cost SEU charges for a masters is £3500 for 2010-2011. The requirement is either one piece of research of between 30-35000 words or 2 pieces on a related topic of between 15-18000 words each and a short essay (500-800 words) explaining the link between the two pieces. The time limits for submission are not less than 12 months and not more than 18 months from the date of registration.

I have spoken to one of the theology markers who is happy to guide you through a masters. The guidance is in essence provided to assist in the identification of research topics then comments on the progress reports sent in by the student and a provisional response to the work a month before final submission.

If you are still interested in joining the programme please send you address and I will have the enrolment forms sent to you.

kind regards
Dr John Johnson

My response:

Can you email me the forms?

Is it possible for me to have Lee Stoneking as my faculty contact?

This is too much fun.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
The latest email and my response. why do I feel like I am talking to someone in Nigeria?

The cost SEU charges for a masters is £3500 for 2010-2011. The requirement is either one piece of research of between 30-35000 words or 2 pieces on a related topic of between 15-18000 words each and a short essay (500-800 words) explaining the link between the two pieces. The time limits for submission are not less than 12 months and not more than 18 months from the date of registration.

I have spoken to one of the theology markers who is happy to guide you through a masters. The guidance is in essence provided to assist in the identification of research topics then comments on the progress reports sent in by the student and a provisional response to the work a month before final submission.

If you are still interested in joining the programme please send you address and I will have the enrolment forms sent to you.

kind regards
Dr John Johnson

My response:

Can you email me the forms?

Is it possible for me to have Lee Stoneking as my faculty contact?

This is too much fun.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Cross-examine it!

Wait wait it gets better...Here is the latest response.

I will e-mail the forms to you later this weekend.

Who is Lee Stoneking? If you wish him to work with you that may not be a problem but an SEU approved marker will have to assess your work.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Wait wait it gets better...Here is the latest response.

I will e-mail the forms to you later this weekend.

Who is Lee Stoneking? If you wish him to work with you that may not be a problem but an SEU approved marker will have to assess your work.
Never heard of that adjunct prof, eh? Wow!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Never heard of that adjunct prof, eh? Wow!
I am crackin' up here. My daughter is saying, "Dad, chill out nothing is that funny."
Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
I am crackin' up here. My daughter is saying, "Dad, chill out nothing is that funny."
ROFL!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Cross-examine it!

So now I finally get the registration information...

SOUTHERN EASTERN (SEU)

DEGREE PROGRAMME

FEE SPREADING AGREEMENT

For students wishing to spread the cost of the course over a one year period, the full course fees are payable as follows:-

Certificates £175.00

Bachelors Degree: £2900.00
General Masters Degree: £3500.00

MBA (Distance Learning) £3700.00

Doctorate Degree PhD or other: £4500.00

No interest is charged and the course fees may be spread over a one year period as follows:-

(a) £175: A payment upon registration of £55 followed by three monthly payments of £40 each

(b) £2900 : A payment upon Registration of £950 followed by fifteen monthly payments of £130 each.

(c) £3500 : A payment upon Registration of £950 followed by fifteen monthly payments of
£170 each.

(d) £3700 : A payment upon Registration of £1150 followed by fifteen monthly payments of £170 each.

(e) £4500: A Payment on Registration of £1500 followed by fifteen monthly payments of £200 each.

 Students can pay a higher initial payment if they so wish and the balance being payable by the appropriate equal monthly payments.

 Payments must be made by Cheque, payments will be payable on the 1st day of each month unless the students specifically requests some other date in the month. All payments are to be made to ‘SEU’

 Acceptance of the Registration of the Students constitutes a contract with the University

 Any course fees paid are non-refundable on acceptance of the Student’s Registration

It must be fully understood that the following terms are also part of this contract:

1. If any instalment is not paid within ten days of the date upon which it falls due, a late payment fee of £10 is payable and will be added to the Student’s account. This is to defray the cost of chasing up late payments.

2. If any payment is not made within one calendar month of the date upon which it falls due this Agreement may be cancelled, whereupon the total balance of fees outstanding as at that date, together with all late payment fees that may have accrued, will immediately become due and owing.

3. Whereas the Association will provide help and guidance to the student, it is the responsibility of Students to manage their own study and research. Once the Registration has been accepted the total course fees are payable in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement even though the Student, for whatever reason, may not complete the programme.

If a Student faces financial hardship to the extent of being unable to pay any instalment, the Association must be notified before the instalment falls due and every consideration will be given to temporarily restructure payments.

Please complete the following:

First Names. Mr / Mrs / Miss / Ms./Dr

Family Name.

Address.

Post Code.

I am enclosing with this Agreement the duly completed Registration Forms for access onto the Degree Programme.

(a) I enclose herewith a remittance for the minimum initial payment and will make monthly payments as shown above
£. or
(b) I wish to pay an initial payment higher than the minimum shown above and equal monthly payments for the balance, accordingly I enclose a remittance for £. or

(c) I wish to pay the course fees in full as shown above £.

Please tick the appropriate Box.

I agree to the terms set out in this Agreement.

Date:

Signed

If you are sending this form by post then you must sign it above.

If you are returning this form by e-mail, please type in your name above where it states ‘Signed:’ This typing of your name will signify that you agree to the terms set out in this agreement..

If you are paying by cheque this form must be sent by post, accompanied by the cheque (made payable to ‘SEU’ to:

Programme Director,
Southern Eastern (SEU)
PO Box 108,
Manchester
M11 0AQ
ENGLAND

OwlsJKJ@aol.com

Also from the form where you list the classes you have taken...thats right no request for transcripts...just an agreement to pay them.

6. Registration: I hereby apply for entry onto the Degree Programme and understand that the acceptance of this Registration constitutes a binding contract and that fees paid are non refundable under any circumstances. I also confirm that the information in this Form is correct.

7. I understand that all awards and degrees are granted by SEU which is not a UK institution and therefore the awards and degrees are not UK granted. Such awards and degrees will not be granted until the requirements for the granting of the award or degree have been complied with and all fees paid to SEU.