Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mandatory Flu Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooneyLucy View Post
I was upset when my son's school MADE him get a chicken pox vaccine. The chicken pox never hurt us. But the flu vaccine???? My grandpa almost died after getting it, it made him so sick.
I hear so little good of it.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

I don't take them. Do a google search on the history of vaccines.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

My pulmonary doctor offered me a flu vaccine and after I refused, he said he did not take one either.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
I don't take them. Do a google search on the history of vaccines.
Yes, I'm pretty aware of the history.

I wrote a note to my nursing instructor about it. I have no idea what she will say. I'm pretty angry. (I did not show that in the note at all and I am not mad at her anyway.) I am mad because the terms of the schooling have been changed. I did not sign up for this. Most people are just going to take the vaccine (even though most seem to be against it philosophically).

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

If the rest of them would not take it, they surely would not require it then.

It's because people just go along to get along why they can get away with shooting all sorts of junk into your body.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
If the rest of them would not take it, they surely would not require it then.

It's because people just go along to get along why they can get away with shooting all sorts of junk into your body.
Yes that is true.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Hi Folks,

Well, here we go. I signed up for nursing school and was able to sign off on the flu vaccine, saying I didn't want it. now, mid-stream they are changing on me and making it mandatory. Not okay by me. I do not want the vaccine. I am not opposed to all vaccines but I am largely opposed to the flu vaccine on principle. I found this online:

It sounds like I might be best off going with a religious exemption (even though I don't attend church) because it doesn't have to be acceptable, logical or consistent with what anybody else thinks. I would like you opinions. I'm frustrated I have to deal with this when I should just be studying. Thanks.
The hospital I work in didn't make the flu shot mandatory but if I don't get a shot, as a nurse I have to wear a mask whenever I provide patient care during the flu season...Sept - March. This will be the first year that I get the shot. Ugh!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
The hospital I work in didn't make the flu shot mandatory but if I don't get a shot, as a nurse I have to wear a mask whenever I provide patient care during the flu season...Sept - March. This will be the first year that I get the shot. Ugh!
Yes, you get the scarlet letter if you don't, huh?

Do you believe the flu shot really makes much of a difference? I believe it may make a marginal difference, but I don't see the benefits outweighing the risks to those getting the shot. How are you dealing with being forced to do this? What are you telling yourself in your mind?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Yes, you get the scarlet letter if you don't, huh?

Do you believe the flu shot really makes much of a difference? I believe it may make a marginal difference, but I don't see the benefits outweighing the risks to those getting the shot. How are you dealing with being forced to do this? What are you telling yourself in your mind?
I have never gotten the flu shot, though my hospital offers it to employees for free. I usually get colds but not the flu. But I just missed three shifts due to the flu. I was sick, sick, sick! That wore my resistance to getting the shot down. But more than that, I don't want to wear a mask. Hopefully I won't experience any side effects from the vaccine except a sore arm.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

ILG, are you going to get your BSN or ADN?