Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
There is a reason for Bro. Spell did what he did. When I read the article it didn’t seem like a Bro. standing in the face of opposition. I guess call it a hunch, I just feel as if he may of felt he needed to show the organization who he is, political move, maybe? I could be dead wrong, but it doesn’t seem right to me doing what he did.
No disrespect intended, but I don’t think I would post that kind of accusation based off of a hunch.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Lets look at this from a different angle.

It is fellowship Sunday. People are bringing in food for the lunch. Someone left out the egg salad on the counter and it spoiled.

Pastor Smith says to serve it anyway and if people get sick, he can pray for them.

This is willful neglect.

Pastor Smith gets a phone call from a church family parent. The parent informs pastor that their kids have head lice. Can they come to Sunday School anyway ?

Pastor approves and if the lice is spread to other children, God will provide.

The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
Not even in the same category.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
No disrespect intended, but I don’t think I would post that kind of accusation based off of a hunch.
If I offended I’m sorry it wasn’t my intention. I’m just saying I think there is something else going on. In the near future we’ll see if I was wrong or correct. Lord Bless
Old 03-25-2020, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Really!?
Yes sir. I’m not trying to offend, just that’s what I felt when I read the article.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
If there was a reason I highly doubt it would be trying to show off to the Wpf... he has a well know and respected name already among the WPF.
Your probably right.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I have never heard of anyone dying from headlice.
Sister Suzy: "Pastor, somebody might come to church with influenza, should we just cancel church?"
Pastor Scott: "Yep, services are cancelled. Better safe than sorry."

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-25-2020, 12:55 PM

From good ol NBC:

“An online petition calling for Spell to be arrested and prosecuted has more than 4,000 signatures. The petition claims 1,800 people attended Spell's service on Sunday.

The petition says the pastor should be "charged with 1800 counts of reckless endangerment for a start, for the countless lives he will be brutalizing and even ending with his selfishness and ignorance."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1168501

https://www.change.org/p/john-bel-ed...se_react=false

————————-

They’re at just under 5K sigs so far and climbing...

1800 counts?
I’d say that’s going for the throat...
Mercy....

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-25-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There is a reason for Bro. Spell did what he did. When I read the article it didn’t seem like a Bro. standing in the face of opposition. I guess call it a hunch, I just feel as if he may of felt he needed to show the organization who he is, political move, maybe? I could be dead wrong, but it doesn’t seem right to me doing what he did.
Nico - I take it you do not know him. If you did, you would know that he is not worried about what people believe. He is concerned about souls and what God desires.
Now, our church has gone to online, but I have no concerns about Bro. Spell's motives.
Part of me wishes I had his faith and boldness, but God has not spoken to me that way!
Old 03-25-2020, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Nico - I take it you do not know him. If you did, you would know that he is not worried about what people believe. He is concerned about souls and what God desires.
Now, our church has gone to online, but I have no concerns about Bro. Spell's motives.
Part of me wishes I had his faith and boldness, but God has not spoken to me that way!
I must be wrong. Like I said something just didn’t seem right to me when I read that article. I’ve been wrong before, Gods still good, Bro. Spell will be in my prayers.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If I offended I’m sorry it wasn’t my intention. I’m just saying I think there is something else going on. In the near future we’ll see if I was wrong or correct. Lord Bless
It's all good.