Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Banned

Re: A Handmaids Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
can you be specific about what "bronze age ethics" the USA is trying to resurrect. Also what specific freedoms do we as Americans not posses.
I'm not saying the USA is trying resurrect bronze age values or ethics, I'm saying that the theonomists would like to.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-15-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Let the gays have their cake. Let the whores have their abortion.

Sums up Aquila’s post.
No.

It's better described as saying:

- Get government out of our private lives and contracts.

- Protect personal sovereignty over one's own body from government.

Anything more than the above is a misrepresentation of my true concerns and position.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-15-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
No.

It's better described as saying:

- Get government out of our private lives and contracts.

- Protect personal sovereignty over one's own body from government.

Anything more than the above is a misrepresentation of my true concerns and position.
so its ok to abort babies.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
so its ok to abort babies.
NO.

I believe that if a woman aborts a child she will answer to God for it in the Judgment. And as Christians we should admonish that women choose life, warning that abortion is a grave sin against God, and present life affirming alternatives such as adoption.

But giving the government the more authority over her womb than she has creeps me out and violates her right to privacy with regards to her person (body) per the 4th Amendment of the Constitution. It would be like the government having more authority over my stones and what I do with my seed than I do. It's such a deep violation of personal sovereignty. Any government that has the raw power to violate that sovereignty to force a woman to give birth against her will can turn, and under the right circumstances, use that raw power to force her to abort against her will (as we see in China policy). At the end of the day the legal authority to make the final decision to abort, or not to abort, has to rest somewhere. I just feel that authority is best kept in the hands of individual women and their doctors.

I am supportive of regulations on abortion, especially after viability. I don't believe in the right to an abortion on demand throughout the entire term of pregnancy. And I'd ban all partial birth abortions, allowing them only in cases wherein the life of the woman in question is in danger due to some unforeseen medical condition or situation. Which is, according to my understanding, a rare occasion. And even still, I believe such an abortion would be morally wrong. But for the sake of not issuing a death sentence in such a situation, I accept the idea of giving the woman a say in such a circumstance.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

"Here are examples of current governments that embrace a more social libertarian philosophy:
1.Hong Kong
2.Switzerland
3.Finland
4.Denmark
5.New Zealand
6.Canada
7.Australia
8.Ireland
9.The United Kingdom
10.Sweden"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You reall-

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but notice...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Lord have mercy! I'm about to bust me spleen right apart!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! WHOOHOOHOOHOOHOOHOOO!!!

Oh man, that was a good one.

"Here's a list of social libertarian counHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

(wipes tears from eyes)

Oh my WORD I haven't laughed that hard since I watched some Pikeys calling each other out on the utubes (subtitles required 'cause they're Irish).

Whoo-HOO thanks for the laughs!

lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Calvin's Geneva. Re the execution of Servetus: I can't see where that's an example of theonomy. God's Word does not authorized the state to execute doctrinal disputers. That's a church matter, not a state matter.

But let's say Geneva was a theonomy. (It wasn't, but never mind that). So what?

How many Christians have been executed by non-theonomies?

Besides, I bet in Geneva they all knew which bathroom to use.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Besides, I bet in Geneva they all knew which bathroom to use.
And that's really what it comes down to. So called "liberty" becomes corruption. "Muh freedumz" is the battle cry of the sodomite, perverts, adulterers, oppressors... oh, and the usurers, too. Let's not forget them.

Real freedom is freedom to worship and serve God, and to enjoy the Divinely instituted blessings of righteousness. Nobody has any "right" to murder the unborn, to blaspheme God, or to live worse than dumb animals.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Whoo-HOO thanks for the laughs!

lol
You're welcome. Here is the actual data from 2017....

Please review, Human Freedom Index (for 2017):
"The top 10 jurisdictions in order were Switzerland, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, Finland, Norway, Denmark, and, tied at 9th place, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Selected countries rank as follows: Canada (11), Sweden (13), Germany (16), the United States (17), Japan (27), South Korea (29), France (33), Italy (35), Chile (37), South Africa (68), Mexico (73), Indonesia (78), Turkey (84), Kenya (89), Malaysia (97), India (102), United Arab Emirates (116), Russia (126), China (130), Nigeria (133), Pakistan (141), Zimbabwe (146), Saudi Arabia (149), Iran (154), Egypt (155), Venezuela (158), and Syria (159).

Out of 17 regions, the highest levels of freedom are in Western Europe, Northern Europe, and North America (Canada and the United States). The lowest levels are in the Middle East and North Africa, Eastern Europe (Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine), South Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Women-specific freedoms, as measured by seven indicators in the index, are strongest in five European regions (Central Europe and the Baltics, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Eastern Europe and Southern Europe) and North America and are least protected in the Middle East and North Africa, South Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa.

Countries in the top quartile of freedom enjoy a significantly higher per capita income ($38,871) than those in other quartiles; the per capita income in the least-free quartile is $10,346.

The HFI finds a strong correlation between human freedom and democracy. Hong Kong is an outlier in this regard.

The findings in the HFI suggest that freedom plays an important role in human well-being, and they offer opportunities for further research into the complex ways in which freedom influences, and can be influenced by, political regimes, economic development, and the whole range of indicators of human well-being."
Human Freedom Index
The report is co-published by the Cato Institute, the Fraser Institute, and the Liberales Institut at the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom.
https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index

Read the whole publication
https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...om-index-2.pdf
From 2015 to 2017 the United States improved its ranking from being 20th to 17th. Anyone want to wave a big foam finger and start chanting, "We're nummer...17!!!!"???

Last edited by Aquila; 06-15-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Im watching a debate, Gary Demar and Dave hunt

Old 06-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
And that's really what it comes down to. So called "liberty" becomes corruption. "Muh freedumz" is the battle cry of the sodomite, perverts, adulterers, oppressors... oh, and the usurers, too. Let's not forget them.

Real freedom is freedom to worship and serve God, and to enjoy the Divinely instituted blessings of righteousness. Nobody has any "right" to murder the unborn, to blaspheme God, or to live worse than dumb animals.
If your idea of making a righteous society is to reinstitute OT Law so that you can marry multiple women by the firelight of burning gays and lesbians... You might be a Theonomist. lol