Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-21-2022, 03:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
One last note. I now weigh 120lbs, having lost 80lbs eating this way.
Praise the Lord in Jesus name. Keep moving forward with diligence. My prayers are with you.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:19 PM
New User

Quote:
One last note. I now weigh 120lbs, having lost 80lbs eating this way.
How long did it take?
Old 03-21-2022, 04:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
God knew that animal sacrifice for the propitiation of the sins of mankind until Jesus was the plan. Therefore he had Noah take 7 clean animals on the ark and once the ark landed he added meat to the diet so that humans would also partake of the sacrifice. But that doesn't mean that they could only eat animals that were sacrificed. They did however have to respect life as represented by not partaking in the blood of any animal eaten.

Before factory farming, animals grazed openly, lived humanely until slaughter. Our current system, for the most part, is abusive to animals and produces meat that is harmful to eat.
Sister, I don't eat factory farmed food. Didn't do it before, don't do it now. The Bible is pretty explicit on taking care of our animals. We are told that the wicked mistreat animals, Proverbs 12:10. The Rabbinical kosher livestock is horribly treated, done in a way so the animal bleeds out as they animal dies. Again, forgive me, I still don't understand what you are trying to say about meat and animal sacrifices. How does that prohibit the consumption of meat? If that is NOT what you are saying, then please forgive me.

Jesus ate meat. What we know (biblically) was lamb, and fish. He ate figs, and bread, (sopping, dipping, leavened and unleavened. Drank, water, and wine. He was a omnivore. Like posted before, ancient people ate plant life seasonally, animals were available year round.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Dr. Eric Berg's OPINION on Game Changers

Old 03-21-2022, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
How long did it take?

It took about 7-8 months to lose the weight. I have stayed at my present weight for around 2 years. I cut sugars from my diet. However I do occasionally have hot tea with raw unfiltered organic honey. I do have fruit but in moderation and never any of the "high sugar" fruits. I have removed nearly all carbs from my diet. I don't eat out. I also cut nearly all processed foods from my diet, opting instead to cook from scratch.

When I was diagnosed as a diabetic(I had a really poor diet) I was lying on a bed in the ER with a blood sugar level in excess of 800. The Dr's said I would have been dead in a matter of hours. My brain was being affected because of the ketoacidosis. That put a fear in me to turn my life completely around and to stick with it. I won't say it was easy but it was necessary and I feel better than I have in years.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:16 PM
He will direct my path!

Bro Benincasa:

My point was that before factory farming people ate meat that was humanely treated, free range and grass fed. This was good.

Today most livestock is mistreated, living in horrible unclean conditions, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, carrying disease like salmonella. This is bad.

My objection is against current inhumane and unhealthy farming practices.

I personally choose to eat a mostly plant based diet supplemented with wild caught fish and free range eggs . . . . . This has nothing whatsoever do with the question of interpreting Genesis 9. It's two separate subjects.

Last edited by Amanah; 03-21-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
It took about 7-8 months to lose the weight. I have stayed at my present weight for around 2 years. I cut sugars from my diet. However I do occasionally have hot tea with raw unfiltered organic honey. I do have fruit but in moderation and never any of the "high sugar" fruits. I have removed nearly all carbs from my diet. I don't eat out. I also cut nearly all processed foods from my diet, opting instead to cook from scratch.

When I was diagnosed as a diabetic(I had a really poor diet) I was lying on a bed in the ER with a blood sugar level in excess of 800. The Dr's said I would have been dead in a matter of hours. My brain was being affected because of the ketoacidosis. That put a fear in me to turn my life completely around and to stick with it. I won't say it was easy but it was necessary and I feel better than I have in years.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Bro Benincasa:

My point was that before factory farming people ate meat that was humanely treated, free range and grass fed. This was good.

Today most livestock is mistreated, living in horrible unclean conditions, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, carrying disease like salmonella. This is bad.

My objection is against current inhumane and unhealthy farming practices.

I personally choose to eat a mostly plant based diet supplemented with wild caught fish and free range eggs . . . . . This has nothing whatsoever do with the question of interpreting Genesis 9. It's two separate subjects.
I agree, factory farms are insane and inhumane. I have been raising chickens ,and turkeys for years. The are grazing birds, and their eggs are the best I don't kill my animals. You can't eat something your children have named.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:56 PM

Tell me about this eating just twice a day, Bro Benincasa.
How long have you been doing that?
Is that like the intermittent fasting I’ve heard about?
What’s your purpose with it?

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 03-21-2022, 10:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
Tell me about this eating just twice a day, Bro Benincasa.
How long have you been doing that?
Is that like the intermittent fasting I’ve heard about?
What’s your purpose with it?
I eat breakfast and then later in the day eat dinner. I don't snack, because of my carnivore diet I don't get hungry until later. I eat before 6, and when I sleep I sleep like a baby. If you want to call that intermittent fasting, I don't think that's what people are talking about.