Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-24-2020, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Forgetting legal liability for a moment what are you telling your community when you don't care enough about them to take the precautions medical experts and the government is asking you to do TEMPORARILY to suppress a deadly virus?

I could see this kind of rebellion if the government had announced some kind of permanent ban against churches meeting but to ask for a temporary one in these circumstances is not only reasonable but prudent.

This news story disappointed me greatly. I don't think the Spell's are bad people and in fact people I respect think the world of them. I just think they made a badly misguided judgement. I read one news story saying Tony Spell thinks the whole coronovirus thing is just a political thing and I guess if you are that kind of conspiracy theorist maybe in your own mind you could justify doing what he did.
Search it... he did not say it and even clarified what he said. He believes the virus is real. He just thinks the hysteria is politically motivated. And so do I when they close down a whole country for under 700 deaths.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Forgetting legal liability for a moment what are you telling your community when you don't care enough about them to take the precautions medical experts and the government is asking you to do TEMPORARILY to suppress a deadly virus?

I could see this kind of rebellion if the government had announced some kind of permanent ban against churches meeting but to ask for a temporary one in these circumstances is not only reasonable but prudent.

This news story disappointed me greatly. I don't think the Spell's are bad people and in fact people I respect think the world of them. I just think they made a badly misguided judgement. I read one news story saying Tony Spell thinks the whole coronovirus thing is just a political thing and I guess if you are that kind of conspiracy theorist maybe in your own mind you could justify doing what he did.
There is a reason for Bro. Spell did what he did. When I read the article it didn’t seem like a Bro. standing in the face of opposition. I guess call it a hunch, I just feel as if he may of felt he needed to show the organization who he is, political move, maybe? I could be dead wrong, but it doesn’t seem right to me doing what he did.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

If Scott and CC are against it, I'm for it.

/thread

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-25-2020, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Lets look at this from a different angle.

It is fellowship Sunday. People are bringing in food for the lunch. Someone left out the egg salad on the counter and it spoiled.

Pastor Smith says to serve it anyway and if people get sick, he can pray for them.

This is willful neglect.

Pastor Smith gets a phone call from a church family parent. The parent informs pastor that their kids have head lice. Can they come to Sunday School anyway ?

Pastor approves and if the lice is spread to other children, God will provide.

The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Proverbs 22:13 KJV
The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-25-2020, 02:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Proverbs 26:13 KJV
The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Lets look at this from a different angle.

It is fellowship Sunday. People are bringing in food for the lunch. Someone left out the egg salad on the counter and it spoiled.

Pastor Smith says to serve it anyway and if people get sick, he can pray for them.

This is willful neglect.

Pastor Smith gets a phone call from a church family parent. The parent informs pastor that their kids have head lice. Can they come to Sunday School anyway ?

Pastor approves and if the lice is spread to other children, God will provide.

The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
Incorrect analogies.

More like:

Sister Suzy calls pastor and says "Some kid might have headlice, should we cancel church?" Pastor Scott Pita says yes, church is cancelled.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Incorrect analogies.

More like:

Sister Suzy calls pastor and says "Some kid might have headlice, should we cancel church?" Pastor Scott Pita says yes, church is cancelled.
I have never heard of anyone dying from headlice.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:27 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
There is a reason for Bro. Spell did what he did. When I read the article it didn’t seem like a Bro. standing in the face of opposition. I guess call it a hunch, I just feel as if he may of felt he needed to show the organization who he is, political move, maybe? I could be dead wrong, but it doesn’t seem right to me doing what he did.
Really!?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
If there was a reason I highly doubt it would be trying to show off to the Wpf... he has a well know and respected name already among the WPF.