Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Saved & Shaved

Re: Offended by the World

Wasted uh paul ohh gee... isn't that hick for an apology that was not necessary??
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
WOW, another first! I have never heard of apologies not being necessary or sincere unless they are first "demanded".

But if this is true I sincerely apologize - er - wait! No!

I think you missed the point. Apologies are given when one recognizes his wrong. They may also be given when an apology has been demanded. Now, in that case, a person may not necessarily feel that he/she has done a wrong, but since it's been demanded, for the sake of peace, emit an apology.

In this case, since no apology was demanded, it was given only because Deadeye recognized a wrong he had committed.

But wait!!!! He wasted it, which means he didn't feel he was wrong in the first place!! This is why I'm saying it's bogus!!

I LOVE this!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkley View Post
wasted uh paul ohh gee... Isn't that hick for an apology that was not necessary??

exactly!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
I think you missed the point. Apologies are given when one recognizes his wrong. They may also be given when an apology has been demanded. Now, in that case, a person may not necessarily feel that he/she has done a wrong, but since it's been demanded, for the sake of peace, emit an apology.

In this case, since no apology was demanded, it was given only because Deadeye recognized a wrong he had committed.

But wait!!!! He wasted it, which means he didn't feel he was wrong in the first place!! This is why I'm saying it's bogus!!

I LOVE this!!!!
I think he said it was wasted because Baron offended him by not accepting it, but that's just my opinion. Obviously you don't need someone to accept an apology for it to be valid, but it can hurt [your pride] if someone rejects it.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:

I LOVE this!!!!
I did not read it like that. I thought he felt that it needed apology, but since Baron did not or could not receive it, it then became worthless.

Anyhoo... nice to "see you" glad to be spending a few min online tonight.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
exactly!!!!
Maybe he meant that he sees there was no reason to apology, and not that the apology got him nowhere.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
Maybe he meant that he sees there was no reason to apology, and not that the apology got him nowhere.

So then he was using his apology to gain something? I guess that would be a wasted apology if it's only the means to an end.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I did not read it like that. I thought he felt that it needed apology, but since Baron did not or could not receive it, it then became worthless.

Anyhoo... nice to "see you" glad to be spending a few min online tonight.

I don't see that Baron refused the apology. He said he wasn't offended and the apology wasn't necessary. I've apologized to people before and they reacted just as Baron did and said it wasn't necessary. So I responded, "Well, regardless, I felt like I needed to say it."

I SURE as heck didn't say, "Oh well, I wasted an apology" as if my apology was some huge accomplishment.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
So then he was using his apology to gain something? I guess that would be a wasted apology if it's only the means to an end.
to gain something... something like forgiveness.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
I don't see that Baron refused the apology. He said he wasn't offended and the apology wasn't necessary. I've apologized to people before and they reacted just as Baron did and said it wasn't necessary. So I responded, "Well, regardless, I felt like I needed to say it."

I SURE as heck didn't say, "Oh well, I wasted an apology" as if my apology was some huge accomplishment.
Bless your holy name NOW!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves