Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-20-2022, 09:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Our physiology is far different then deer, cows, and antelopes. Our guts are nothing alike. They have the guts to process vegetation, our guts work hard to process vegetation. Corn goes into a human and goes out of the human undigested. Corn goes into the deer, cow, and antelope and is digested, and processed.
Is it possible there has been a change in human digestive physiology? Perhaps a change in the microbiotic flora in our gut? Necessitating an omnivorous/carnivorous diet? Whereas originally humans were vegetarian?

I'm wondering where we would have gotten the fat and protein we need?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-20-2022, 09:40 PM
He will direct my path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Is it possible there has been a change in human digestive physiology? Perhaps a change in the microbiotic flora in our gut? Necessitating an omnivorous/carnivorous diet? Whereas originally humans were vegetarian?

I'm wondering where we would have gotten the fat and protein we need?
Fats and protein comes from grains, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado.

The concession to meat eating after the flood seems to coincide with the brokenness of world that necessitated the flood.

Genesis 9
King James Version
9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Last edited by Amanah; 03-20-2022 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Fats and protein comes from grains, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado.

The concession to meat eating after the flood seems to coincide with the brokenness of world that necessitated the flood.

Genesis 9
King James Version
9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
I don't see it as a concession. That implies they were eating meat - or demanding meat - previously, but now God says "Fine, go ahead". But, if they were vegetarians, then now they are authorised to eat meat, it seems less like a concession and more like a necessity. "Y'all are going to need to start eating meat."

So... It was a vegetarian who got kicked out of the Garden, and a vegetarian society that got so bad God decided to scrap it all and start over... with meat eaters? Sounds about right.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-20-2022, 10:21 PM
He will direct my path!

The sacrificing of animals and shedding of blood is a part of remission and atonement for sin.
Leviticus 17:11

Last edited by Amanah; 03-20-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:31 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
The sacrificing of animals and shedding of blood is a part of remission and atonement for sin.
Leviticus 17:11

Waitaminute sis *Hole up! Wait a minute! Lemme put some context in it!*

Are you not allowing a difference between animal sacrifice for religious purposes primarily and the side benefit is eating that meat, and killing animals just to eat meat with no religious intention whatsoever?
Old 03-21-2022, 12:20 AM
He will direct my path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Waitaminute sis *Hole up! Wait a minute! Lemme put some context in it!*

Are you not allowing a difference between animal sacrifice for religious purposes primarily and the side benefit is eating that meat, and killing animals just to eat meat with no religious intention whatsoever?

Of course
Old 03-21-2022, 07:18 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Of course
Please forgive me sister but could you explain?
Old 03-21-2022, 07:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Interesting how the Hebrew word ḥēleb ("animal fat") is also used to mean the best.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
However, the fact that Abel was a keeper of sheep implies Abel at least was a meat eater, since I don't think keeping a whole flock of sheep just for the wool would make a lot of sense for that era...
That really looks that way. If he wasn't eating his sheep, he sure was drinking their milk, curds, kefir, and cheese. He at least had to kill one for sacrifice. If we follow later laws which Moses implemented, the sacrifices had to be eaten. Not, like pagans who let the food rot in the presence of their idols.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Take all your vitta mins