Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-14-2018, 01:38 PM
Banned

Re: A Handmaids Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
"Old Testament bronze age law."

Yeah, let's ignore the fact it's GOD'S law, that according to the apostle Paul it is holy, just, good, etc, that if any law could have been given that would make people perfect it would have been that "old testament bronze age law"...

Such sheer disrespect for God is ... well, to be expected from the modern purveyors of lawlessness.
What I meant is that this is God's law given to govern bronze age nation in the midst of a bronze age culture. We are called to be conformed into the image of the glorified Christ Jesus, not the image of ancient Israel.

For example, a theonomist would argue that if a woman's husband dies without providing an heir, it would be perfectly fine for her dead husband's brother to take her in and impregnate her. The theonomist would also argue that his current wife should have little say in the matter, "for it is God's holy law that a man do so". It's madness in the name of the Law instead of truth and love in the name of Jesus.

Such laws and customs were specific to that time and cultural context. Such wouldn't be loving in our culture, and could even be used as a system of abuse and oppression.

The Law of Christ is what we are bound to now. Not the Law of Moses. And so we are called to cultivate a loving and godly society that values others as ourselves. Not archaic laws requiring that sinners be stoned or burned alive. We are to live as men and women who are dead to the Law, crucified with Christ. We are supernatural and spiritual beings. Elevated far beyond anything in the law. We are otherworldly. We have no feast days, sabbaths, holidays, dietary codes, etc. We walk in the Spirit and live by the Spirit through the love of God.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-14-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The spirit and intent of the entire law of God is to love God and love others as one's self. And so, a nation should have laws that allow the free expression of God's love, and that ensure that all men are treated equally, and the vulnerable protected, the oppressed liberated.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
. And so, a nation should have laws that allow the free expression of God's love, and that ensure that all men are treated equally, and the vulnerable protected, the oppressed liberated.
And this includes abortion, and homosexuals being married? Why I guess the original lie the devil did was sale Eve that she could be like God at the second she ate of the fruit of knowledge of the tree of good and evil. That wasnt a fruit a apple or orange, but a fruit of knowledge to be able to judge what was right and wrong. Where a man could say what was the free expression of God's love, where it allows for so called liberation through what scripture says is an abomination unto the Lord, and what He says thou shalt not do. All because man had become to judge what was good and evil which God didn't intend for him to have to do. Now go look at society this is what all man's good intentions led to...

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
And this includes abortion, and homosexuals being married? Why I guess the original lie the devil did was sale Eve that she could be like God at the second she ate of the fruit of knowledge of the tree of good and evil. That wasnt a fruit a apple or orange, but a fruit of knowledge to be able to judge what was right and wrong. Where a man could say what was the free expression of God's love, where it allows for so called liberation through what scripture says is an abomination unto the Lord, and what He says thou shalt not do. All because man had become to judge what was good and evil which God didn't intend for him to have to do. Now go look at society this is what all man's good intentions led to...
Actually, murder and violent crime rates are down and have been for quite a while.

Abortion rates are also down from where they were just before and after Roe. In fact, abortion rates hit a 30 year all time low under the Clinton Administration.

Don't believe the media sensationalism that whips the simple minded up in a frenzy over a single case out of 300 million people. lol

Old 06-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
You don't know how to allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Actually, murder and violent crime rates are down and have been for quite a while.

Abortion rates are also down from where they were just before and after Roe. In fact, abortion rates hit a 30 year all time low under the Clinton Administration.

Don't believe the media sensationalism that whips the simple minded up in a frenzy over a single case out of 300 million people. lol

1 is too many, and I gay marriage is up a 100 percent because it didn't use to exist. Those numbers that guy is using comes from 2014 also.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 06-14-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You don't know how to allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you?
The Holy Ghost never led anyone to abort a child or Adam and Steve or Eve and Genevieve to come together.

You standing for these things is exactly the plan Satan had after his fall. For his original transgression was to be like the Most High, so he sold that to mankind and here we are! For he was a murderer from the beginning and a father of all those who do so.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Banned

I've learned something.

If you live your life focused on God, sharing the Gospel, and loving your neighbor... filling your life with God's presence and blessing... and let go of the self-appointed need to try to control everyone else who doesn't live like you, think like you, or who hasn't had the same life experiences as you... you'll have far more peace.

Let it go. The world will be the world. Jesus is still on the throne. And no man or woman will ever escape answering for their sins, because all will one day stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Jesus said that He came to give us peace that surpasses understanding. Now that I've experienced the Kingdom, I have peace... while most Christians are living their lives in a constant state of whipped up outrage, anger, anxiety, and frustration over sensationalized issues peddled by the media. Ask yourself, who stands to gain from keeping you so focused on why you have to do to control all the "sinners" you disagree with out there? Step back and think of how illogical, and frankly, silly the notion is.

Paul wrote:
I Corinthians 5:9-13 (NLT)
9 When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. 11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”
Let it be. When you become holy, separate, otherworldly... you'll discover the peace that comes along with it. We're strangers and pilgrims here.

This world is not my home. I'm just passing through.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Holy Ghost never led anyone to abort a child or Adam and Steve or Eve and Genevieve to come together.

You standing for these things is exactly the plan Satan had after his fall. For his original transgression was to be like the Most High, so he sold that to mankind and here we are! For he was a murderer from the beginning and a father of all those who do so.
There is no such thing as abortion or gay marriage in Christ's kingdom. Get into the Kingdom and abide there.

Or... you can stress yourself out trying to control everybody in the world that you disagree with and find detestable. lol

At least Esaias is right about one thing... in order to produce a world down here that agrees with you... you have to kill millions of sinners.