Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

View Poll Results: Are sins forgiven at repentance or baptism?
Repentance 59 81.94%
Baptism 12 16.67%
Unsure 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Re: New Doctrine Emerges: NOT Forgiven at Repentan

Peter's Pentecostal message included two responses to the gospel message; repentance and baptism. The promise of Holy Ghost infilling followed obedience to these commands.

One cannot be Pentecostal without the proper emphasis on these things.

As the AOG is admitting.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
In the waters of baptism by the Spirit of God to our hearts.

Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works (sins) to serve the living God?

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Miz, those verses you quoted say nothing of baptism. I'm not even sure why you bolded parts of those verses when the only point that they are making is that the blood, when applied to us, enable us to better serve Him.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSQ View Post
And my friend there are also Types and shadows in the Old testament that show while the blood was applied in Egypt, protecting them from the death angel, it was the WATER that saved them OUT of Egypt. The blood applied in Noahs day since the days of Abel in sacrifice but the water saving his family.
It always keeps coming back to a combined Blood Water Spirit typology, and one that for whatever reason causes some people a great deal of consternation in trying to divide up. These three agree in ONE the word says, so I guess we water blood and spirit people are "ONE steppers" after all!
This is a very good point you have made.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The blood was shed at Calvary.

If the blood was applied at the cross to my heart (this is where the washing takes place), then I was forgiven before I ever believed, repented, and was baptized.
You were forgiven before the foundation of the world. Christs' forgiveness has nothing to do with you accepting His gift. I can forgive you before you offend me, while you are offending me and after you offend me.

We can only come into relationship if you receive my gift to you. The blood was applied at Calvary, now its up to humanity to accept and receive the gift Christ offered for us; his own body on a tree.

Here are just a few scriptures, many more on this subject.

Matthew 25:34
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Hebrews 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 9
26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

For salvation Paul was a three stepper and more for salvation.Paul preached the same gospel as the other apostles for salvation.Just worded a little different.

You must be baptized.

Blood was shed at death.Rom.6:: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death (blood): that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death (blood), we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection

You must repent.

2 Cor.7:[10] For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

2Cor.12
[21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

You must be filled with the Spirit.

Rom.8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
[11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God
[15] For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
[16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Old 09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
The blood was shed at Calvary.

If the blood was applied at the cross to my heart (this is where the washing takes place), then I was forgiven before I ever believed, repented, and was baptized.
The blood is in the word,Jesus is the word.You believe and obey the word you have the blood,no other way.

Last edited by Joelel; 09-05-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Way spelled wrong
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Which begs the question....when is the blood applied?
The blood is applied when you obey the word or walk in the light.1 John 1:[7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=TCSQ;583232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
My friend, In the old testament there were types and shadows of the blood of Jesus that put off sins until Jesus blood was given.

And my friend there are also Types and shadows in the Old testament that show while the blood was applied in Egypt, protecting them from the death angel, it was the WATER that saved them OUT of Egypt. The blood applied in Noahs day since the days of Abel in sacrifice but the water saving his family.
It always keeps coming back to a combined Blood Water Spirit typology, and one that for whatever reason causes some people a great deal of consternation in trying to divide up. These three agree in ONE the word says, so I guess we water blood and spirit people are "ONE steppers" after all!
Looks that way,three are one.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
Jesus. Ok, what is your point.
If Jesus commanded that we baptize and that souls be baptized....is it not then a command? Yes or no?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
If Jesus commanded that we baptize and that souls be baptized....is it not then a command? Yes or no?
OOO .... A trick question.