Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-23-2019, 03:21 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Maga!! Yeehaw!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Very good questions and thought provoking! I liked jediwill's comments. Typical of the prodigal son's brother.

I need a little time to think about it. I am working for a design company and was up late trying to work out some programming, taking breaks, and now I have to get back with my company and finish up, hopefully, by early afternoon. Pray we iron out this little glitch before Monday!

I will get back with you on this later.

I was all like,"WHY IN TARNATION AM I BEING CALLED THE PRODICAL SONS BROTHER????"

lol

I figured it out though...sorry lol
Old 02-23-2019, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Easy, me friend.

I'm asking you what you are trying to say? I am under the impression that the only Bible the early church lugged around was the Hebrew Bible Tanakh (with all the books). So, how did they actually see that verse? They actually showed love for sinners by kicking the sinner out of their first century communities put him out of the church 1 Corinthians 5:2, 1 Corinthians 5:13.
Which is worse than death or even being killed physically. Legitimate excommunication (and not some sons of Belial being petty) means the dissolution from membership in the Body of Christ, which means being removed from communion with Christ, which means loss of salvation/eternal damnation unless one repents.

In a way then, when the church excommunicates an unrepentant sinner, what they are doing is in essence, sentencing a person to (the second) death.

And why? Because the wages of sin is death, and all who do such things per Romans 1:32 are deserving of death. The church may not be killing the body, but they are delivering a person up to the One who not only can kill the body, but also destroy the soul in hell. It's a fearful thing indeed to fall into the hands of the Living God.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 02-23-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Are you saying that we are still commanded to stone people for homosexuality? Love the sinner, hate the sin is the NT teaching, isn’t it? Should we be thrilled that gays are being hung anywhere? Is approving of murder our approach to sin?
Who are these homosexuals being hung anywhere? Did I miss a link to a news article?

And are these hangings lynchings or public, government-sanctioned executions?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 02-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
The pulpit commentary offering is the rabbinical answer to stoning.
In the case of a disrespectful son, the rabbis claim it was never carried out.
Jesus was answering under the Roman and Judean law. One, He was presented capital punishment situation from the Judeans. Woman, man, adultery. Yet, Jesus had to deal with "we have no law to put a man to death" meaning that under Roman law stoning, or the Sanhedrin carrying out any verdict of capital punishment impossible. Not saying that rouge groups didn't carry out stoning, but if caught they would of been arrested then put to death by the Roman law. Especially in the case of Paul, Acts 14:19. Who was a freeborn Roman, which would of by necessity brought the penalty of death to those caught stoning a freeborn Roman.
I think the bold shows that the Romans were the progression away from the law. The NT does say that if we are led of the Spirit, we are not under the law.

Also, isn't it true that the sacrifices, under the Law, ceased after the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD? Finalizing, for good, that part of the Old Covenant?

It looks as though those two elements were used to move away from the Law to Grace.

So, in essence, the Romans stopped Jesus from continuing in the Law. He also told the woman to go and sin no more. That means that He pronounced her as guilty without fulfilling the Law. She met mercy and grace.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I think the bold shows that the Romans were the progression away from the law. The NT does say that if we are led of the Spirit, we are not under the law.

Also, isn't it true that the sacrifices, under the Law, ceased after the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD? Finalizing, for good, that part of the Old Covenant?

It looks as though those two elements were used to move away from the Law to Grace.

So, in essence, the Romans stopped Jesus from continuing in the Law. He also told the woman to go and sin no more. That means that He pronounced her as guilty without fulfilling the Law. She met mercy and grace.
Jesus pronounced the go and sin no more, first because she wouldn't be so fortunate next time. The Judeans (even while Rome was strict against capital punishment be carried out under their watch) was carried out from time to time. Men from the synagogue wanting to throw Jesus off a cliff, Luke 4:29.
The destruction of Jerusalem and the temple ended an age of ritual sacrifices performed through mediator priest. The lineages of these priests were removed, as well as other tribe members. Still the Law as contained in its written form, Where it would be used to show Jesus Christ. While no longer could they keep every jot, and tittle, they could still preach and teach Jesus Christ and His church the restored Israel of God through its words.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Jesus pronounced the go and sin no more, first because she wouldn't be so fortunate next time. The Judeans (even while Rome was strict against capital punishment be carried out under their watch) was carried out from time to time. Men from the synagogue wanting to throw Jesus off a cliff, Luke 4:29.
The destruction of Jerusalem and the temple ended an age of ritual sacrifices performed through mediator priest. The lineages of these priests were removed, as well as other tribe members. Still the Law as contained in its written form, Where it would be used to show Jesus Christ. While no longer could they keep every jot, and tittle, they could still preach and teach Jesus Christ and His church the restored Israel of God through its words.
I view Roman rule taking control, carried out time to time, and while no longer could they keep every jot and tittle as God using natural elements to progressively end the OT Law. I believe the moral law is still upheld in the NT, as many scriptures allude to the 10 Commandments.

Enjoyed reading your posts on this subject. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

HHS Extends Contract to Make ‘Humanized Mice’ With Aborted Baby Parts for Another 90 Days

Home

HHS Extends Contract to Make ‘Humanized Mice’ With Aborted Baby Parts for Another 90 Days

By Terence P. Jeffrey | March 1, 2019 | 5:16 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) - The Department of Health and Human Services says it has granted a second 90-day extension to a contract it has with the University of California at San Francisco that requires UCSF to make “humanized mice.”
These creatures are made by implanting mice with human tissues taken from late-term aborted babies.
The HHS's multi-million-dollar contract with UCSF that requires the construction of these “humanized mice” creates a demand--driven by federal tax dollars--for tissue taken from late-term aborted babies. According to an estimate it has published on its website, the National Institutes of Health (which is a division of HHS) will spend $95 million this fiscal year alone on research that--like UCSF's "humanized mouse" contract--uses human fetal tissue.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-parts-another

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Home

By Terence P. Jeffrey | March 1, 2019 | 5:16 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) - The Department of Health and Human Services says it has granted a second 90-day extension to a contract it has with the University of California at San Francisco that requires UCSF to make “humanized mice.”
These creatures are made by implanting mice with human tissues taken from late-term aborted babies.
The HHS's multi-million-dollar contract with UCSF that requires the construction of these “humanized mice” creates a demand--driven by federal tax dollars--for tissue taken from late-term aborted babies. According to an estimate it has published on its website, the National Institutes of Health (which is a division of HHS) will spend $95 million this fiscal year alone on research that--like UCSF's "humanized mouse" contract--uses human fetal tissue.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-parts-another

My childhood love for Pinky and The Brain just was ruined....
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Foreign Workers Outpace Native-Born Americans in Job Growth for Six Months

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...reign-workers/

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

So, the Republican controlled Senate said "No!" to the wall. Go get 'em, True Conservatives! Vote Republican, save America! in for the lulz

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/14/sena...claration.html

"The Senate voted Thursday to block President Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration over the southern border, a sharp bipartisan rebuke of the president’s flex of executive power.

The chamber comfortably passed the measure in a 59-41 vote. Twelve Republicans who worried about executive overreach supported it in an embarrassing blow to the president."