Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 08-03-2024, 05:37 AM
This is still that!

Re: Consider this

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
And that's how it usually ends. It is hard to find a place that fits nicely with your beliefs. It is when we have to reconsider it as "would I call them brothers/sisters even when we disagree in this and that area?" "What doctrine do I consider core and what doctrine I allow for some disagreement and still fellowship?" That is a question each one needs to answer for themselves. Then, those you disagree with, unless the elders of the congregation are OK with it, you would have to keep your mouth quiet to prevent disunity in the congregation. Some elders are OK with expressing differences in certain areas, and even allow preachers/teachers to present their views in front of the congregation, but those same elders are strict about other doctrines you may actually agree with.

Basically, it is important you determine two things:

1. Would you still call them brothers/sisters?
2. Are those doctrines you disagree with core for you? Can you live with the disagreement keeping silent to prevent disunity if the elders don't allow the different view to be discussed openly?
Old 08-03-2024, 05:42 AM
This is still that!

It's tough because the choices are:
UPCI, CACI, or solo.
Old 08-03-2024, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
It's tough because the choices are:
UPCI, CACI, or solo.
I wouldn’t recommend going solo, unless you have the calling to start a new congregation. You will really need that fellowship.

I am in a similar situation, and I have learned to put up with it. Sometimes it bothers me but I remind myself what it is at stake, then I see how much my family and I enjoy the fellowship with so many saints from several church, and how we all enjoy the presence of the same Spirit, and I just take it easy about differences. It took me a lot of thinking and prayer to come to a place of learning to live with the struggle. I also realized that for someone that goes deeper into doctrines, will always be like that; so, even if I create my own org one day, my best teachers will likely find themselves in the same spot, and I would like them to keep the unity as well and stay in the fellowship.

You can always come to this forum and speak it out
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Last edited by coksiw; 08-03-2024 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-03-2024, 07:58 AM
This is still that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I wouldn’t recommend going solo, unless you have the calling to start a new congregation. You will really need that fellowship.

I am in a similar situation, and I have learned to put up with it. Sometimes it bothers me but I remind myself what it is at stake, then I see how much my family and I enjoy the fellowship with so many saints from several church, and how we all enjoy the presence of the same Spirit, and I just take it easy about differences. It took me a lot of thinking and prayer to come to a place of learning to live with the struggle. I also realized that for someone that goes deeper into doctrines, will always be like that; so, even if I create my own org one day, my best teachers will likely find themselves in the same spot, and I would like them to keep the unity as well and stay in the fellowship.

You can always come to this forum and speak it out
Thank you.
Old 08-03-2024, 06:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Praying for you, sister!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-03-2024, 06:48 PM
This is still that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Praying for you, sister!

I really appreciate it.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:56 PM
of 9!! :)

Praying for God's direction for you sweet Amanah!
Old 08-05-2024, 09:01 PM
This is still that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
Praying for God's direction for you sweet Amanah!
Old 08-06-2024, 07:18 AM
This is still that!

I looked for the YouTube video of Bishop White talking about initial evidence because I wanted to show you.
I found it but it's been made private, unviewable.
The CACI is mostly former UPCI.
I can only speculate and wonder how many others were just hearing this teaching for the first time. And if the teaching caused a controversy I would feel relieved because I've been in shock wondering how so many people could be so easily deceived into believing a doctrine contrary to what they had believed for years.

Last edited by Amanah; 08-06-2024 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2024, 08:01 AM
This is still that!

The interesting thing is the CACI is growing and people are receiving the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues. The congregation is young and vibrant with powerful demonstrations of the Spirit.