Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
eclipse, end time prophecy

Old 04-14-2024, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

Re: April 8 Solar Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Embarrassing is how others view us. Actually dispensationalism isn't the worldwide accepted view. Christian Zionism (which sadly is the UPCI view) is mainly American in origin. It wasn't actually a Theodor Herzl idea. His original idea was to have all modern Jews convert to Christianity. It was Zionist Christians who pushed for Jews to return to Israel and rebuild Israel. We stand at a time in world history where the teaching of Christian Zionism is shooting itself in the foot.
This post was very insightful. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2024, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation Re: April 8 Solar Eclipse

Quote:
Pastor Mark Hattabaugh in The Pentecostal of Cooper City has Rabbis in his pulpit frequently. Brother Hattabaugh tells the Rabbis that he believes in one God just like they do. He should be asking them if the accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah. Sadly some in Apostolic and Pentecostals circles are not only Zionists, but Kabbalists. Maybe one day they wake up an apologize.
You seem to know a lot about this Pastor and this church... You have some good things to say in your many posts, and yet you seem to have a disdain for this church and this pastor?

Where are you getting your information? Have you spoken to him personally and asked him exactly what he says and believes and is trying to do? You make it sound like you know him well and know his heart and his motives? Or are you assuming and adding your opinion and just spreading rummors? Truth matters... Motives matter... Being Christ-like matters... Loving your neighbor matters...

I know this pastor. I have spoken to him about these meetings (they are specific meetings by the way, but you make it sound like that they are having these often). If you want I will arrange a meeting with him and you can straighten him out... which seems to be your spiritual gift... And he can apologize to you. Or would you rather sit behind the keyboard and attack men of God and leave them no way to defend themselves?

Your judgment is off on this one my precious brother... Keep winning souls for Jesus Christ and pray for him rather than attack this man of God that is trying to build bridges to other communities to have influence on their souls and in their eternal lives behind the scenes... that you would have no way nor insight to see...

Peace and Love in Christ...

Last edited by Pentecostal; 07-06-2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2024, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Amen. Maybe he should ask the rabbis what they believe about Jesus. Here’s Ben Shapiro telling what he believes about Jesus.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wc_xo7akt...1gfldf63ZcUDWD
I would love to set up a meeting where you can ask this pastor personally: rather than accepting some posts attacking him as truth...
Old 07-06-2024, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentecostal View Post
I would love to set up a meeting where you can ask this pastor personally: rather than accepting some posts attacking him as truth...
Please invite him on here so that he can enlighten us all. I would much rather he be present to defend his actions and his doctrine than to be in the position where I accept what EV says. Although it is my experience that EV is slow to speak unfavorably of a fellow preacher.

As for me, I don’t know the man, but generally I have found it to be the case that Apostolic preachers seem to believe that the Jews are theologically gifted above Christians. As I have made clear (I think) in the OP. Why would we feel that way?

I’m not sure. I am sure that the scripture doesn’t support the doctrine.

I suspect that Brother EV’s opinion does not miss the mark by a lot.

Please! Invite him to reason together with us.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You seem to know a lot about this Pastor and this church... You have some good things to say in your many posts, and yet you seem to have a disdain for this church and this pastor?

Where are you getting your information? Have you spoken to him personally and asked him exactly what he says and believes and is trying to do? You make it sound like you know him well and know his heart and his motives? Or are you assuming and adding your opinion and just spreading rummors? Truth matters... Motives matter... Being Christ-like matters... Loving your neighbor matters...

I know this pastor. I have spoken to him about these meetings (they are specific meetings by the way, but you make it sound like that they are having these often). If you want I will arrange a meeting with him and you can straighten him out... which seems to be your spiritual gift... And he can apologize to you. Or would you rather sit behind the keyboard and attack men of God and leave them no way to defend themselves?

Your judgment is off on this one my precious brother... Keep winning souls for Jesus Christ and pray for him rather than attack this man of God that is trying to build bridges to other communities to have influence on their souls and in their eternal lives behind the scenes... that you would have no way nor insight to see...

The Pentecostals of Cooper City wouldn't have a problem with anything I posted. Because the Pentecostals of Cooper City publicize their beliefs in Christian Zionism. They have videos on social media. Brother Javier is singing on the platform wearing a kippah. They aren't embarrassed, why should you be?

Here, these are two videos which are part of the Pentecostal of Cooper City page on YouTube. So, I have a good argument for my post. I still believe I even have the recording when Rabbi Herrin taught on Abraham from the pulpit.

The pulpit is only to present the Gospel, and instruction on who is Jesus Christ, and His Body. Not a lectern for politicians, or other religious leaders who don't. The only way we can help modern Israel, or any other country is through Acts 2:38. We can only stand with modern Israel by baptizing them in Jesus name, and praying them through to the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues. 2nd Corinthians 10:4-6 is pulling down of strongholds through Jesus Christ. God keeps His Word, and keeps His promises. The PROMISE is CHRIST! You agree?

By the way, are you the press secretary for the Pentecostals of Cooper City?

I see you first joined the forum in 08 to defend the Flirt and Convert video.

Oh, the rebirth of Israel was the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Only, and I do mean ONLY through Christ do we have rebirth.

Jesus told Nicodemus you MUST be born again. Nicodemus was a Judean, and an Israeli.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 isn't 1948.

Old 07-07-2024, 03:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Please invite him on here so that he can enlighten us all. I would much rather he be present to defend his actions and his doctrine than to be in the position where I accept what EV says. Although it is my experience that EV is slow to speak unfavorably of a fellow preacher.

As for me, I don’t know the man, but generally I have found it to be the case that Apostolic preachers seem to believe that the Jews are theologically gifted above Christians. As I have made clear (I think) in the OP. Why would we feel that way?

I’m not sure. I am sure that the scripture doesn’t support the doctrine.

I suspect that Brother EV’s opinion does not miss the mark by a lot.

Please! Invite him to reason together with us.
Thank you TM
Old 07-07-2024, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you TM
You’re welcome. Just calling it like I see it.
Old 07-07-2024, 06:43 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I queried meta on the likelihood of Israeli population being descendants of 1st century Judeans and got this reply, which backs up what y'all have been saying.

The likelihood is low to negligible. Here's why:

1. *Roman expulsion*: After the Roman destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE, many Judeans were expelled, sold into slavery, or dispersed throughout the empire.
2. *Diaspora*: The Jewish diaspora community had already been established prior to the Roman expulsion, with many Judeans living in various parts of the Mediterranean world.
3. *Conversion and assimilation*: Over the centuries, many Judeans and their descendants converted to other religions (e.g., Christianity, Islam) or assimilated into surrounding cultures.
4. *Migration and population shifts*: The Middle East has experienced numerous invasions, migrations, and population shifts, making it difficult to trace direct descent from ancient Judeans.
5. *Genetic studies*: Recent genetic research suggests that modern Jewish populations have a diverse ancestral makeup, with many ancestors tracing back to Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa.

While some modern Israelis may have ancestral connections to ancient Judeans, the majority are likely descended from various diaspora communities, converts, or migrants who arrived in the region over the centuries.

Keep in mind that identity, culture, and religion are complex and multifaceted, and the modern State of Israel is a relatively recent development (1948 CE).
Old 07-07-2024, 06:57 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Christian zionists are causing us to spend a fortune to support a misunderstanding of biblical prophecy so they can get raptured out of here and leave everyone else including the Jews to be tortured by the "antichrist" (prophecy that was fulfilled by Antiochus and Titus)

Last edited by Amanah; 07-07-2024 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'm asking you to please listen to this interview with Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro. Rabbi Shapiro discusses the origins of Zionism and how, contrary to prevailing Western views, it is fundamentally opposed to Judaism. This is only part 1. I'm just asking you to listen to just this portion of the video. If you continue to go onto part 2, I commend you for hearing him out. I understand you and Brother Hattabaugh are together and feel that you need to defend the issue of Christian Zionism. But please understand that Zionism has done no favors to the Jewish people. Criticizing Zionism isn't antisemitism.